Sony PlayStation 4

Crowbar Man

So interesting situation.. I was playing a game and kept getting a popup "The game will be suspended in 15 minutes" because the license is no longer valid. So I restored my licenses but while I was in the menu I noticed that my PS4 wasn't set as primary anymore. Someone has set their PS4 as the primary using my account. And as the account owner and PS4 owner there's nothing I personally can do right now in order to re-activate MY PS4 as the primary. 

Anyone have this issue before? It doesn't seem to be affecting anything and I am still able to download Dark Souls 3 and stuff.. it just kinda pisses me off that some Bernie voter is playing all my games for free. -_-  

On 4/10/2016 at 3:14 AM, Brandon Strader said:

So interesting situation.. I was playing a game and kept getting a popup "The game will be suspended in 15 minutes" because the license is no longer valid. So I restored my licenses but while I was in the menu I noticed that my PS4 wasn't set as primary anymore. Someone has set their PS4 as the primary using my account. And as the account owner and PS4 owner there's nothing I personally can do right now in order to re-activate MY PS4 as the primary. 

Anyone have this issue before? It doesn't seem to be affecting anything and I am still able to download Dark Souls 3 and stuff.. it just kinda pisses me off that some Bernie voter is playing all my games for free. -_-  

Go to your Sony account at https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/ and disconnect all your devices from your account in the devices section. Then change your password. Then reactivate your PS4 on your account again.

Also, please refrain from tossing around political jabs. This isn't PPR.

• 5 weeks later...

Oh I forgot to update, I ended up having to have a supervisor (or whatever Sony calls it) deactivate "all consoles" on the account after they inspected it of course. Couldn't do it through the site cause the thief had already done it... or... something. It's confusing. Anyway I got it fixed, took a few days with support's help.

I was popping in to ask who would buy a PS4 Neo for $399 if that's the offer? It has miniscule upgrades to CPU/GPU but apparently can offer 1080p60 performance or, the rumor being, that it would play 4K quality. I am skeptical but I'd also buy a PS4 Neo... I am still using a launch PS4 and never had a problem with it but it'd be a shame if it crapped out right when FF15 comes out or something. I could probably sell my current PS4 for at least 200. 

As an added bonus question, who is gonna be buying PSVR? I'm not sure which I would get first PSVR or PS Neo, if they both cost $400.  I might have to get PSVR first since it'd be a more immediate thing you could use and notice a difference with and the other is just a system upgrade.. 

I don't have a PS4 yet, so I'm holding off until we get more information about the rumored new version.  I'll probably get that rather than an original, assuming that the launch date isn't like two years from now or something.

If I had a launch PS4 already, I probably wouldn't bother, though.

Yeah, and they totally made this without crediting Activision who owns the IP which lead a lot of people to believe Sony/Naughty Dog owns the IP/rights to Crash Bandicoot again. Dunno if I'd want to see Naughty Dog make a new Crash though... between every level there'd be some poorly acted cutscene with cliche "emotional" dialogue and new character development that wasn't at all consistent with the other games in the series... maybe that's pessimistic...

They've also got Guybrush Threepwood in there

13225173_10153838963843445_1836657333_o.

7 hours ago, Mirby said:

And? I wasn't posting it to start a discussion like that, I just thought it was nice that they paid homage to where they began.

and he's looking to start a fight with a BS troll-post as usual. Just ignore it.

Anyway, these upgrades they plan on making to both XB1 and PS4 are what I think will be the final nail on the console gaming coffin for me. The thing I always liked about consoles is that you wait 4-5 years and then spend a few hundred bucks for a massive upgrade that brings new exclusives with it. The technology is slowing down though, and If I have the choice between paying 400 for a Playstation Neo so that I can play my games with better graphics and performance or spending $150 on a new graphics card for my PC to do the same, it becomes an easy decision.

I haven't bought a PS4 yet, and I still don't see a compelling reason to do so.  Most of its games are either on PC, or are a genre I don't care for (military shooters and hardcore horror/action games).  Uncharted 4 and Ratchet & Clank look good, but they're not system sellers for me.  Between the PC I have hooked up to the big screen, and my Wii U, I just don't see an upside.  I haven't even used my PS3 for anything except Netflix, Amazon, and DVD's for a couple of years now.  Maybe VR will be a deciding point, but that's still in its infancy.

5 minutes ago, MindWanderer said:

I haven't bought a PS4 yet, and I still don't see a compelling reason to do so.  Most of its games are either on PC, or are a genre I don't care for (military shooters and hardcore horror/action games).  Uncharted 4 and Ratchet & Clank look good, but they're not system sellers for me.  Between the PC I have hooked up to the big screen, and my Wii U, I just don't see an upside.  I haven't even used my PS3 for anything except Netflix, Amazon, and DVD's for a couple of years now.  Maybe VR will be a deciding point, but that's still in its infancy.

Up here in Alberta, we have a number of devs working on some really creative stuff for VR, but anything I've seen or experienced of VR at any tradeshow has been for PC. It seems to be pretty much agreed upon that VR is going to have more uses in the medical, military, police, architecture,etc. fields than entertainment. So VR likely won't sway you to buy a PS4 anytime soon.