Star Fox is now 20 years old !

Psy_commando

Vortex is a "sister" game in that the people who made the SuperFX chip had a hand in developing StarFox, and they also developed on their own Vortex. So it's easy to draw parallels. It does have great music.

And Krystal is without a doubt the worst thing to happen to the series. She came in, hijacked the plot, and literally fucked up the entire universe. No joke!

What I would REALLY like to see is an official release of StarFox 2. It's a game I would like to play on a TV.

I didn't like it back in the days either, because I could barely finish the first level on easy. But I really discovered it 4 years ago. I finished all 3 difficulties. And I can't even finish the hard route anymore, I'm stuck at Fortuna ! Stupid sea dragons, and Monarch Dodora !

Eh... I was talking about Vortex. I love starfox!

Eh... I was talking about Vortex. I love starfox!

Woops, sorry. I shouldn't post when its that late ! I'm making weird mistakes..

But I'm not saying I don't like it now, I love it and plays at least once a month. I'm just saying I didn't enjoy playing it back then, because I was terrible at it. And most of the time I just watched my brother play.. I loved the music though !

Vortex is a "sister" game in that the people who made the SuperFX chip had a hand in developing StarFox, and they also developed on their own Vortex. So it's easy to draw parallels. It does have great music.

And Krystal is without a doubt the worst thing to happen to the series. She came in, hijacked the plot, and literally fucked up the entire universe. No joke!

What I would REALLY like to see is an official release of StarFox 2. It's a game I would like to play on a TV.

Argonaut worked on that game too ? Or is it a different company ?

I never really liked Krystal either. I got friends that really like the character, though. Its just like with my friends that are bronies, I just don't get what's so interesting about those things.. :/

But, Its pretty much shiggy that gave the order to merge the two unrelated universes together, and make a Starfox game with what they had at their disposal.. While he's usually great with the other franchises, I'm under the impression he doesn't care about Starfox anymore, and he's half-assing the new games .. But that's pure speculation..

And yes, Starfox 2 would be nice. But, I already played the crap out of that game..

What I'd really want to see one day, is a real remake of the first game, and sequels to that game. Its because the SNES game had such original or fun ideas, that were dropped when making sf64.

Such as the black hole, the space fish, the level you fly your arwing in a narrow highway tunnel of some sort, the telekinetic amplifier thing Andross has that he uses to fling crap at you on Venom, the space armada mission where you have to blow up the ships from the inside, the whole space adventurers thing instead of being mercs, the comics' plot, the main theme's melody that was re-used in a lots of tracks and in pretty much every single songs of the game featured a really oddly similar note arrangement as the main theme (well, its not a perfect copy, but the intervals are surprisingly similar. I cut the interesting parts and put them one after the other in this http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13343993/StarFoxThemes_1low.mp3 the victory theme was supposed to be the first to play, to compare, but for some reasons its in a completely random place.. But keep in mind that I'm no musician. All the music theory I got was from the little we did in high school and elementary, and in an optional acoustic guitar course in college, plus a for dummy book I read recently XD ).

I actually even sent an actual letter to NOA and Nintendo in Japan about that, along with an email XD Not sure it will do anything, but its still better than doing nothing !

No, just because it had like 5 Arwing levels doesn't mean the game wasn't a piece of trash. And those Arwing levels were nowhere near as well-designed.

Plus, it had carried over the lame from Adventures, and as such, it was doomed from the start.

Bullshizer, I don't judge games as they stand up to the classics of the series, I judge them on their own merits and I found Assault to be much better than everyone kept saying it was. Even the foot missions I found surprisingly spry and fun, but the best part was that a lot of levels changed up the gameplay and goals throughout the levels.

It wasn't amazing, but it was definitely better than everyone was vomiting over. A 7/10 instead of a 9/10. That's still pretty good.

I finished all 3 difficulties. And I can't even finish the hard route anymore, I'm stuck at Fortuna ! Stupid sea dragons, and Monarch Dodora !

I've never finished the hard route. I played Starwing recently and i've tried it again but failed. I can't get past sector Z (Spinning Bars!!) :banghead:. It's very difficult, even with the shield.