PRC239 - Results - Help, I'm Lost in Level 3! (Blaster Master)

Bundeslang

The People's Remix Competition 239

PRCv10-05

Hello everyone and welcome to the People's Remix Competition!

Last round ended up with four songs, done by three remixers. Yami and DrumJ8 ended close but second being only 1 point away from the victory. Sggod89 received the last place wooden spoon, but also the victory.

I think its time to have a "Bundeslang appreciation round!" I'm dedicating this win to him in honor for doing such a great job with the PRC. He's always prompt and professional when it comes to this contest and thanks to him, I've had tons of fun being apart of it.

So Bundeslang, choose us a source!

-Ira

I've selected Blaster Master - Level 3. It is a pretty confusing and awesome game with great music. The Game Boy version (which has the same music) is even more confusing. Some of the level songs are already remixed as Ocremix, but level 3 is not.

I uploaded two MID files taken from Vgmusic (you can use just one of them, there's a third MID version at Vgmusic as well):

http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/nes/Blaster_Master_Level_3.mid

PRC239.jpg

Source: Blaster Master (NES) - Level 3

MIDI 1

MIDI 2

Wiki

ThaSauce link: Click here to submit.

GOOD LUCK!

PRC instructions

1. Limitations at ThaSauce require your entry to be 20 MB or less in size. Length for length's sake and MIDI rips are not allowed (only as Bonus Mixes). If anyone has problems with uploading songs to ThaSauce let me know (in this thread) and post a download link to your song in this thread (so I can upload it to ThaSauce).
  2. Entries must be posted in the ThaSauce link by MONDAY March 4th 2013 at 10:59 am ThaSauce time: check my signature (below) or the ThaSauce page for the exact time left.
  3. You may enter as many mixes as you like and work with as many people as you like on each mix. You are free to create a second ThaSauce account for that, it's needed to be able to upload a second remix. You can post it in the thread if that doesn't work.
  4. Do not make qualitative comments on an entry until the results of the vote have been posted.
  5. Mixers cannot vote for themselves but if they vote they recieve a free first place vote added onto their score.
  6. The winner of this round may select the source for PRC240.
  7. You can find the full rules list at this page as well.

Doulifee's PRC Archives! For information about the previous contests.

PRC

Edited by Bundeslang
Results Announcement

So, I've finally got my little home studio set-up which i'm eager to start using, I get a university interview Monday in which I need to bring a track to show my ability and then a new prc comes up.

Three birds, one stone me thinks. I'm eager to get started!

Mine will be done after all--the wife left me at home for the day. The actual amount of completeness is yet to be determined, but I'll definitely upload something.

Edit: And submitted. Incidentally, Bundeslang, the forum post says that the max file size is 6 MB, so I spent some time compressing and optimizing, but then ThaSauce's limit is actually 20MB. You should probably fix that.

Edited by MindWanderer

Welcome to the voting stage

The mixing stage is over. This round has 4 songs and 1 Bonus Mix. To vote, do the following:

- Visit the stated ThaSauce Page and listen to all the entries

- Scroll to the form at the bottom of the screen.

- Fill in the rank of the entries from first to third.

- State a reasoning for it.

- Participants are encouraged to vote. They cannot vote for themselve, but they get a free first place bonus if they vote. Also non participants are encouraged to vote and leave comments.

Last round winner, Sggod89 has a vote that counts twice.

You have until THIS Wednesday, March 6th at 10:59 am ThaSauce time to vote, check my signature in the first post or simply the ThaSauce page for the exact time you have.

The winner gets the right to choose the source tune for PRC240.

The songs:

Check the ThaSauce Page:

Mine will be done after all--the wife left me at home for the day. The actual amount of completeness is yet to be determined, but I'll definitely upload something.

Edit: And submitted. Incidentally, Bundeslang, the forum post says that the max file size is 6 MB, so I spent some time compressing and optimizing, but then ThaSauce's limit is actually 20MB. You should probably fix that.

I didn't know that. It used to be 6 MB, but if ThaSauce also accepts larger songs that's fine for me. Next round I'll change that.

It's results time.

Total number of mixes - 5

Total number of votes - 5

Maximum Score - 15.

Sggod89 was last rounds winner and submitted a bonus mix.

Adge collected 8 points and gets the last place wooden spoon.

DrumJ8 and FreakyT, after a tie for victory at PRC237, again a tie, but this time the 10 points are good for second place.

And the winner of PRC239 are MindWanderer with 14 points.

Congratulations MindWanderer. You did a great job. You may select the source for the next round. Send your source to me (with a MID/MP3 file, otherwise send a second source with a MID file) by PM, other options are PM me @ ThaSauce or by e-mailing to bambombim@gmail.com (I prefer a PM @Ocremix).

You may select any source from any game, as long as it doesn't have an Overclocked Remix and it hasn't been on PRC before. Check it at the list:

http://sites.google.com/site/bambombim/prc

http://bambombim.googlepages.com/PRCRemixList.doc (also downloadable via the link above).

Send your source as fast as you can, but before this Friday, 8th of March 2013.

You can find the votes with comments here:

http://compo.thasauce.net/votes/index/PRC239