Deus Ex - Unatco [(Badliz Remix) - Take 2]

Badliz

Hello there guys, it's me Ma-- BadLiZ!

I'm here once again trying to achieve something and I want You to listen to my latest project.

I really want Overclocked Remix finally accept at least one song made by me and it's up to you guys. Without your feedback, I can't do it.

Enjoy!

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/817678/deusexunatco2l.mp3

Edited by Badliz
Fixed Title

Hey there Badliz,

I'm liking this remix! You've captured the essence of the original and made it more current!

My suggestion for improvement: the lead pluck that starts about 0:01 is lost a bit once the rest of the mix kicks in at 0:24. Some tweaking of the EQ should be able to fix this :)

Hey there Badliz,

I'm liking this remix! You've captured the essence of the original and made it more current!

My suggestion for improvement: the lead pluck that starts about 0:01 is lost a bit once the rest of the mix kicks in at 0:24. Some tweaking of the EQ should be able to fix this :)

Thanks for such a nice and fast feedback, I'll check it out.

Appreciated!

Your bass is doing some serious clipping there, especially after 1:30. I'd suggest you change it to something a bit more defined and preferably something you can hear even with low volume. Sub basses like that don't tend to work too well when there's a lot of stuff happening and a multitude of other instruments floating around.

If it's an option, you could try a "real", sampled bass, maybe with a hint of simulated amp on the side. Could go well with the more realistic drums you already have there.

Your bass is doing some serious clipping there, especially after 1:30. I'd suggest you change it to something a bit more defined and preferably something you can hear even with low volume. Sub basses like that don't tend to work too well when there's a lot of stuff happening and a multitude of other instruments floating around.

If it's an option, you could try a "real", sampled bass, maybe with a hint of simulated amp on the side. Could go well with the more realistic drums you already have there.

Thank you, I'll see what I can do.

• 2 weeks later...

MOD REVIEW

Mmm, Unatco. Can't really get enough of that track (considering I did one myself, some time ago), so let's see what you did, here.

Sounds nice - much like an updated version of the track. The instrumentation sounds pretty close to the source (better quality, but close to the original). The arrangement is pretty close to the original, as well. That will likely kill it's chances to get posted on the site, but I'll expand on that in a second.

Production-wise, it's not too bad. The big complaint that I'd have is that the drums stick out in comparison to the rest of the mix, that trapset style, as well as the snares piercing through with the highs on it. The compression on the bass was a bit distracting, as well. This style calls for more electronic style drums and less acoustic sounding ones - perhaps you could make it work, but in this track they don't do anything of any interest to justify them.

Now, about my comment earlier - this track is simply too conservative for an OCR submission. It's nothing to do with your skill and talent, but the site wants to have more interpretive arrangement and/or instrumentation; it's a part of why DjP created the site, in the first place. At the moment, the instrumentation is an update on the original, and the arrangement is nearly identical to the original, in terms of structure and substance.

I always hate turning away good music due to site limitations (this is pretty darn good), but unfortunately this would not be accepted on OCR. If you want a submission on here, check out some other arrangements that are on here (like the Deus Ex arrangement) and see how they changed things up. See if you can get some ideas from other people on here and be sure to give it another shot, since I believe you could get something up to snuff, yet.