Breezy from Final Fantasy VIII

Rostum

Hello all! I'm very new to this forum, and to composing music in general although I've been playing guitar for a number of years now. I've followed OCRemix for so long now, and love everything about it, hopefully some day I can contribute. :)

I recently got together with my girlfriend to make our own arrangement of Breezy from Final Fantasy VIII (played in Balamb Town). She helped out with the vocals and the cello, whilst I did everything else.

Just wanted to know what you all think, as any feedback would help with future arrangements. Thanks!

http://youtu.be/f42n89H-8ZA

https://soundcloud.com/logan-r-dowell/breezy

Hey this is cool, chills me out.

Gotta bring that female vocal back into the mix, particularly at the beginning; try reducing the level and maybe adding some reverb that gives it some distance. Don't make it go away too much. I really like that. It's like a lullaby. Just gotta blend better.

The double guitar solo around 1:20-1:30 is a little jarring because I never find the beat for a while there.

Only other thing I can recommend is for the synthetic strings, try to use some automation to make them swell more rather than abruptly enter and exit.

Once this is polished with some nice production this is going to be really awesome. Great first post. I'm sure some of the more experienced folks will have better comments than me.

• 2 weeks later...