OCR01448 - Final Fantasy Mystic Quest "And He Returned Home"

djpretzel

Wow. okay, I'm gonna say something really cliche here, but I can't think of a better reply, so I'm just gonna say it anyway.. This really brings back my memories. I know alot of people say this about other game melodies, but this song is beautiful. I think I've found my favorite game music artist.

• 11 months later...

What I find great about this track is the two piano styles alternating, and indeed playing together as well. Well, actually it's pretty great in every other sense too - and from a good, underrated soundtrack too. Very funky and quite varied. I'm not personally super-fond of this style of music, but I still listen to this every now and then.

--Eino

• 1 year later...

What a classy arrangement! The source is very subtly used, but those chords are unmistakable, and the direction this went in is perfect, and the changeup between the 2 sources was great. Excellent textures that are intricate and interesting. I love this sound.

After reading the dramaz about this on the judging history, i'm really glad the URL advertisement was taken out, as it would have totally ruined the track for me. Something small like that might seem maybe a bit drastic, but it sjust shows how powerful this track is to get me so involved. A sudden URL shoutout would have broken that completely.

I am completely groovin. Thank you, Diggi Dis~

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

The original piece always hinted at sadness for me, so when I heard this ReMix with it's much more happier overtones I was caught by surprise, However I really enjoy this piece. It's a great remix of the old song into something much more. I also enjoy how it shifts very quickly from one rhythm to the next while keeping those basic themes from the original.

• 2 years later...

nice selection. ah yes, going back and forth out of foresta to collect potions. This game has so much good music, suprised there's not more entrys for this game. I know alot of people have beef with this game, but [imo] it's actually one of the better 16 bit rpgs. My friend did a very kick-ass remix of the battle music but he said it got denied. oh well, thanks for making this track very nice and peaceful for a good mood.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01448 - Final Fantasy Mystic Quest "And He Returned Home"