Sim City 5

The Cabl3 Guy

The $60 price point's too much of a turn-off for me, especially when I have to be connected to the internet. SimCity was always the perfect vacation/grandma's house game for me - the kind of game that, if you hit a lull in a trip, or need something to tire your mind out so you can go to sleep in a strange hotel room on the road, you could boot up and play for an hour and have a great time.

I might look into buying it on sale if and when they get around to creating the larger build areas they've mentioned they might make; that was my other complaint with what I've seen of it. I don't like having to rely on other cities to get important buildings.

So surprised this hasn't formed a topic yet?

I have very fond memories of building arcos in Sim City 2000.

Played the betas and was satisfied.

Anyone playing yet? Servers been "busy" for an hour or so.

Nope, after the announcement from incorporating the Dead Space 3 disaster into future games. My momentum for this game was effectively killed. If someone gifts it i wont return it but i sure as hell wont pay for this. Screw EA.

Hmmm, that is an unusual move on Amazon's half. I don't recall them pulling digital copies of a game before.

I would guess that it would be because, as we already know from Gecko/Gollgagh posted, Amazon was issuing refunds while EA and GameStop WERE NOT. Amazon, being the better company, was actually acknowledging that the game is unplayable and the purchaser is unsatisfied and refunding the money. So I'm willing to bet they were sick of issuing refunds.

Kind of a damn shame that Chris Tilton's work has to be contained within this mess. It works well as a standalone listen (album is available -- and worth the nine bucks), but the ingame dynamic mixing is a nifty touch.

After watching a few LPs, this one looks right. The music is no small part in that, but there's an overall spirit that gives me the same 'oh hell yes' as SC2K.

Worth having Origin wiggle its clumsy fingers through my machine? Hell no. Nothing is.

Kind of a damn shame that Chris Tilton's work has to be contained within this mess. It works well as a standalone listen (album is available -- and worth the nine bucks), but the ingame dynamic mixing is a nifty touch.

After watching a few LPs, this one looks right. The music is no small part in that, but there's an overall spirit that gives me the same 'oh hell yes' as SC2K.

Worth having Origin wiggle its clumsy fingers through my machine? Hell no. Nothing is.

I think that's the most tragic part. I want to like this game. There's a lot of good in it. I'm not even really discouraged by the map size because it feels like with so much else going on, a city of millions could get overwhelming fast. However there's just so much wrong with it too. The price tag. The DRM. The inevitable painful over-monetization on a game that's over-priced for the platform in the first place.

It's all just really kind of sad because I've wanted a new SimCity for awhile, and Anno and Cities XL just aren't cutting it =\