Final Fantasy VII: Voices of the Lifestream - History

zircon

The issue is not that it's an unpopular theme, but rather...

(1) The original version is already epic, and LONG. Shorter tunes are often easier to remix.

(2) The Advent Children version is super-badass and that's a big standard to look up to.

(3) Can you really do One Winged Angel in that many different styles?

All that being said, we're trying to do a larger-scale collab on it - right now, Spekkosaurus is putting something awesome, with contributions by bLiNd. I'm looking to add on to it as well, as is pixietricks.

Every single point you made about that damn source is true. I started a Dream Theater style mix of it this morning. I kept thinking about how I need to change direction from the AC version. No matter what you do, you can't compete with a professional studio recording complete with full orchestra. Doesn't mean you can't try, but it makes you feel shite.

Zircon didn't use the word live. There are a few tools that, if used by someone with a lot of skill and a lot of knowledge about the human voice, can make a realistic-sounding choir from samples. EastWest Quantum Leap Symphonic Choirs comes to mind. Of course, everyone would rather have a live choir than samples, but Zircon didn't really say which option they used.

Every single point you made about that damn source is true. I started a Dream Theater style mix of it this morning. I kept thinking about how I need to change direction from the AC version. No matter what you do, you can't compete with a professional studio recording complete with full orchestra. Doesn't mean you can't try, but it makes you feel shite.

Good luck doing a DT version of anything.

Zircon didn't use the word live. There are a few tools that, if used by someone with a lot of skill and a lot of knowledge about the human voice, can make a realistic-sounding choir from samples. EastWest Quantum Leap Symphonic Choirs comes to mind. Of course, everyone would rather have a live choir than samples, but Zircon didn't really say which option they used.

*suggests a large group of people from a meetup*

Lemmy guess...

That Ice Cap Zone project thing was an April Fools, eh?

I love Dream Theater... though I only still own Train of Thought.

Are you gonna host what you did with the track? I'd love to hear that version.

One Winged Angel is THE song from FFVII. Though the whole OST was outstanding it's One Winged Angel that really has a certain flaire about it... and it shows when you listen to all the "cover" re-arrangements on the Advent Children OST.

I just cant wait fo rthis project to be released!

I have been waiting a while for this too. I actually forgot about it with all my pc problems lately but Now im back into watching this again.

You guys are awesome and keep up the good work. :) I especially love that "teaser" of the Red XIII Remix. Awesome stuff.

~Kaden

So, is there a difference to the source tunes? Let me explain, RedXIIIRedux and Ascention to cosmo canyon seem to be based off the same song, but one is cosmo canyon and other is valley of the fallen star. Is there a difference? And if there is, are they both represented in this project?

There's no such track on the FF7 OST called "Valley of the Fallen Star"... do you mean "Red XIII's Theme" vs. "Cosmo Canyon"? If so, the source tunes are very similar, except one has more melody and embellishments than the other. Both have been included in one track, the remix Sixto and I did.

Well, if you click RedXIIIRedux, it says the source tune is valley of the fallen star.

http://www.ocremix.org/remix/OCR00311/

on the right it says it under song(s) was it a mistake?