Final Fantasy VII: Voices of the Lifestream - History

zircon

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

You turned Aeris theme into a carnival. This will haunt my nightmares forever.

Gotta agree, it's a pretty weird re-interpretation of Areith's Theme. We'll see how it goes once I listen to the full version, though.

Regardless, the meldey's a VERY cool teaser. I'm especially digging those previews of LuIzA's "Pizza" part and that remix of "Crazy Motorcycle". The variety's of genres really shows the strength of this project.

The Aeris mix is actually more like a waltz. But it's quite long and very intricate, and I assure you Robson did a grade-A job on it.

Frankly, I really like his interpretation. It would have been boring to do yet ANOTHER sappy, emotional Aeris remix. How many of those are there? Put another way, what version of Aeris *isn't* like that? :)

The Aeris mix is actually more like a waltz. But it's quite long and very intricate, and I assure you Robson did a grade-A job on it.

Frankly, I really like his interpretation. It would have been boring to do yet ANOTHER sappy, emotional Aeris remix. How many of those are there? Put another way, what version of Aeris *isn't* like that? :)

Actually there is only one emotional interpretation of Aeris theme: Aeris Lives by Kevin Lau. Prayer is too distorted by the abruptness of the guitar, and the samba is, well, a samba and isn't very emotional as opposed to just nice to listen to. That is, if you are not counting productions outside of OCR. If you are, then yes, there are alot of emotional Aeris theme songs done. But I think that emotion is the best quality when it comes to which one is the best.

Well if you don't like it, don't listen to it. I didn't particularly like the direction that clip seemed to be taking the song in either, but good for him for trying something different. One of the worst things in any artistic field is to either have your work or particular songs pigeonholed into one and only one style. Any great artist who did multiple versions of their songs with significant variation will doubtless have fans arguing that the original is the "pure" version and everything else sucks, when the problem is most often that the fans don't cope with change and expect that ArtistCirca1970 will be the same as ArtistCircaNow. People change and get different ideas, and good for them. If people like Jeremy Robson didn't want to deviate from the "expected" way to do songs, we wouldn't have much of a remixing community.

lol...good point. Well made.

@ 3:56 it really really sounds like the Mako Reactor theme. I've been waiting for someone to remix it, and if it is what I think it is, It sounds really badass. Awesome job. Also, that vocal piece at the end of the teaser sounds amazing too.

You guys are doing a very awesome job and I cannot wait for this arrangement to be done.

Well if you don't like it, don't listen to it. I didn't particularly like the direction that clip seemed to be taking the song in either, but good for him for trying something different. One of the worst things in any artistic field is to either have your work or particular songs pigeonholed into one and only one style. Any great artist who did multiple versions of their songs with significant variation will doubtless have fans arguing that the original is the "pure" version and everything else sucks, when the problem is most often that the fans don't cope with change and expect that ArtistCirca1970 will be the same as ArtistCircaNow. People change and get different ideas, and good for them. If people like Jeremy Robson didn't want to deviate from the "expected" way to do songs, we wouldn't have much of a remixing community.

AMEN to THAT! This site is called a remix site for a reason. If y'all can't cope with change and new directions of the music, then just buy the sound tracks. (or DL them illegally with Taurent...w/e)

Hey you're right. If you don't like it, don't listen to it. I never said that it was a bad production. I just simply stated that it was something that I would not particularly like. I actually think that the music was incredibly well done. In the end, it all comes down to personal preference. And that's something I can deal with.

Hey you're right. If you don't like it, don't listen to it. I never said that it was a bad production. I just simply stated that it was something that I would not particularly like. I actually think that the music was incredibly well done. In the end, it all comes down to personal preference. And that's something I can deal with.

That's the spirit :D