Final Fantasy VII: Voices of the Lifestream - History

zircon

We're trying to attract a larger audience nowadays, and VotL (being the biggest OCR release in history) is certainly something we want perfect and known worldwide.

Like I said, I understand OCR's philosophy and need to blow things up as much as possible, but really when it comes down to it, there's not a whole lot of ways to mess up a 45-track project release: something this big will pretty much promote itself by being Digged, Farked, PAed, and Slashdotted all at the same time. And you wouldn't be able to keep this from our Japanese fans if you tried.

Which reminds me, one interesting thing I've noticed in Japanese projects is that it seems to be popular (or even customary) to host a live webcast as the release progresses. I guess you could liken it to a DoD or kwakfest listening party. Perhaps a special episode of VGFrequency is in order? ;)

I find it hard to believe that people who aren't that involved with OCR will check the forums or the frontpage and just hit up a torrent just like that without kmnowing more :)

I find it hard to believe that people who aren't that involved with OCR will check OCR for anything at all

Like I said, I understand OCR's philosophy and need to blow things up as much as possible, but really when it comes down to it, there's not a whole lot of ways to mess up a 45-track project release: something this big will pretty much promote itself by being Digged, Farked, PAed, and Slashdotted all at the same time. And you wouldn't be able to keep this from our Japanese fans if you tried.

Which reminds me, one interesting thing I've noticed in Japanese projects is that it seems to be popular (or even customary) to host a live webcast as the release progresses. I guess you could liken it to a DoD or kwakfest listening party. Perhaps a special episode of VGFrequency is in order? ;)

I'm willing to say at least 1/3 of the downloads on R:TS are from Japan. A Japanese blog is my number 1 referrer so long as there's a new song for them to refer to.

That being said...I'm fairly certain OCR has a pretty good ammount of Japanese traffic, as that blogging site updates OCR and VGMix FORUMS releases. Granted I'm sure they could get MORE, OCR has to be pretty big in Japan, too.

* We didn't get the absolute full 45 tracks - with titles - until the 4th, which left little time to formulate an intelligent track list. Figuring out the best order to place the songs is a delicate process as we're not just going in the original OST chronological order (though it will still make sense, chronologically.)

Holy shit! 45 tracks?

Holy shit! 45 tracks?

Well, the OST features 85 tracks. Although, that does make the 45 tracks seem impressive, in its own way. Assuming no medleys and no overlap (though both are likely), more than half of the entire original soundtrack is ReMixed by this project.

Well, the OST features 85 tracks. Although, that does make the 45 tracks seem impressive, in its own way. Assuming no medleys and no overlap (though both are likely), more than half of the entire original soundtrack is ReMixed by this project.

and again, bear in mind that several of the mixes are variations of other tracks in the OST

Hey... I liked a good deal of FFVII's music. And so must have everyone else... FFVII is one of the most well known games of all time, but do you think this project would have gotten this far if nobody liked the music?

What I said.

Hey... I liked a good deal of FFVII's music. And so must have everyone else... FFVII is one of the most well known games of all time, but do you think this project would have gotten this far if nobody from OCR liked the music?

What I meant.

Actually setting up a torrent shouldn't take a whole lot of time or effort (I think a Bound Together torrent was created within hours of its release), but coordinating the release with the people who run the tracker(s?) might be harder.

And not only the trackers, but coordinating with those who will be seeding for the release, so there is more than 1 seeder for EVERYONE that wants to torrent it