Final Fantasy VII: Voices of the Lifestream - History

zircon

If you're going to do this, please please do ALL the soundtrack, not just most of it (although little jingles such as the sleep theme aren't necessary). If you ask me there's no point making a project span more than two discs (which I think with the average length of remixes 35 tracks will just exceed) when remixing the whole sound won't take THAT much more effort.

Like you've said, if you're gonna get it done, you've gotta get it done GOOD. Remixer list is a very good start. And despite all my #vgf showboating last night over how this project isn't necessary I wish you luck.

Actually there's a huge difference between 30-50 and 90 tracks. That's potentially 20 more people. That's a LOT of people considering the level of quality we're going for.

Some tracks in the PSF are arrangements in and of themselves. Others are variations, instrument changes. Of course the short jingles can't really be remixed either..

And some tracks can be combined into a medley, eg. battle theme and fanfare. Which could possibly also be used to sneak a short remix of the sleep theme.

I guess some of this could be a misunderstanding. I distinctly remember you saying you wanted to cover at least 2/3 of the soundtrack. Like you said, there's a huge difference between, for sake of argument, 40 and 90. 60 is around two thirds.

Actually there's a huge difference between 30-50 and 90 tracks. That's potentially 20 more people. That's a LOT of people considering the level of quality we're going for.

Some tracks in the PSF are arrangements in and of themselves. Others are variations, instrument changes. Of course the short jingles can't really be remixed either..

When I did the math I didn't account for the tracks that obviously shouldn't be counted (two tracks titled "Unknown," "Fanfare Alternate," etc...). Still 30 to 50 songs is quite a bit of work so my "bitch slapping people who complain that you're taking too long" offer still stands.

is that the game where you run around with the guy with spiky hair?

dood that's Chrono Trigger

noob

Did someone fucking mention Chrono Trigger?

I'll be actively shunning WIPs and other filters that come out of this project for maximum surprise effect months down the road.

bLiNd for the win.

Edit: Oh, and make the Turks / Shinra / Rufus Welcoming (if it's in) fantastic!

Actually I could name at least five RPGs featuring dudes with spiky hair. But I'm not going to so HA!~

*wants to sing for you guys :(*

noob

I'll be actively shunning WIPs and other filters that come out of this project for maximum surprise effect months down the road.

bLiNd for the win.

Actually I could name at least five RPGs featuring dudes with spiky hair. But I'm not going to so HA!~

WE ALL GOT THE JOKE THE FIRST TIME AROUND STOP KILLING IT.

*points to his crotch*

The Pride of Africa

Wow, Africa doesn't have much pride in it apparently...

Harsh.

Anyway...huzzah for awesome projects!! I suppose I could contribute in some form or fashion, but this is better left to the amazing roster that's already shaping up. You guys better not leave me waiting for six months for nothing, hehe.

noob

bLiNd for the win.

WE ALL GOT THE JOKE THE FIRST TIME AROUND STOP KILLING IT.

why are you all so mean :(

i'm going back to vgmusic.com