Final Fantasy VII: Voices of the Lifestream - History

zircon

By the way, is it too late to change this to, say, a FF5 ReMix project? Battle with Gilgamesh isn't the only great song in there, you know. =)

Despite it not being the only great song on the OST it is still a good track (and yet to appear on OCR). Seems a shame to see so few FFV mixes :cry:.

Also, sorry that this message is not in keeping with the desired purpose of the topic, but it should be a fantastic collection of tracks. Especially if you are able to beat the quality of some of the existing FFVII remixes!

Good luck!

I haven't played FFVII since it was first released, can anyone tell me if there is a current or planned remix of the song from the opening sequence,when they go on the first mission. I have had it stuck in my head for years. I believe it was used throughout the entire original demo to the game that came with Tobal No.1. And maybe someone can tell me the name of that song if it is in fact on the original soundtract.

BTW this site rocks.

Thanks

I know it as 'Opening Theme: Bombing Mission' or Bombing Raid or something like that, but I don't know if that's the official name.

I don't know if there's a remix planned for it or not, but there should be. Good song.

Edit: I don't know if there is a current remix either, though you could look. It would be under Final Fantasy 7 (if you don't know how to navigate the site, there is an alphabet in the top right corner; just click on the 'f'). Actually, I think 'Beyond Midgar' might be that song...but I'm not sure.

I know it as 'Opening Theme: Bombing Mission' or Bombing Raid or something like that, but I don't know if that's the official name.

I don't know if there's a remix planned for it or not, but there should be. Good song.

Edit: I don't know if there is a current remix either, though you could look. It would be under Final Fantasy 7 (if you don't know how to navigate the site, there is an alphabet in the top right corner; just click on the 'f'). Actually, I think 'Beyond Midgar' might be that song...but I'm not sure.

Beyond Midgar, if I recall, is the first thing you hear when you leave the city the first time. I think the song you are thinking of is "Bombing Mission".

I haven't played FFVII since it was first released, can anyone tell me if there is a current or planned remix of the song from the opening sequence,when they go on the first mission. I have had it stuck in my head for years. I believe it was used throughout the entire original demo to the game that came with Tobal No.1. And maybe someone can tell me the name of that song if it is in fact on the original soundtract.

BTW this site rocks.

Thanks

Yeah, the song you want is "Bombing Mission." "Philharmonic Suite" is the opening song for the FMV, but it leads right into "Bombing Mission." If you want a remix, and a damn good one at that, grad Jeremy Robson's "Philharmonic Suite: Part 1."

i think my pants just got a lil moist from this news X_X ive been wishing for this since relics of the chozo was announced.... the concept of site projects plus the illustrious track listing from FF& has been screaming for a site project...

the feeling i feel right now is the exact recirpocate of FAIL....

FF7 remix project FTW

We were going to keep the whole thing secret until the day it was released, but I figured it would be cool to give everyone a heads up. We might be done in less than 6 months - I'm not making any promises until every song is done and uploaded and the website is good to go. Keep your eyes peeled :)

Yeah, thanks. Now we have to wait 6 months for what sounds like an incredible project (I'm not even a fan of Nobuo, but this remixer lineup destroys). Have you no heart, sir? :(

-steve

Its been awhile since I last posted in these forums (for no particular reason really) but this definately is something that has come to my close attention to make an appearance. :)

The remixer collab involved with so many tracks in this awesome soundtrack makes my mouth water.

I look forward to the next 6 months for sure!

Peace!

okay, I was just browsing, getting all excited over what this project officially entails, and wasn't going to post anything, but I just saw something that I couldn't pass up.

Mind you, this doesn't have anything to do with the project, but please keep reading.

As i was scanning the forum, i glanced at the ad at the top of the page. It was for an in vitro fertilization website.

:vomit:

P.S. Corel prison? maybe? aww.. c'mon. PLEEEZE???