Final Fantasy VII: Voices of the Lifestream - History

zircon

I'm eagerly awaiting this project. There are quite a few really good tracks that often go overlooked and unremixed. I'm kind of sick of the whole "One Winged Angel" remixes, though. It's a REALLY OVERRATED song.

yay! a FF7 project! :D

75% of the soundtrack? WOOOOOOOO! I hope you've picked Cid theme, battle and boss battle themes, bike chase, cry of the planet, great warrior... aeris and OWA are for sure! :D oh boy! this is great!

that's the downside of keeping up-to-date with WIPs... I get anxious! a pack of remixes that are coming, Sonic Chaos, this project... *joy*

I'm eagerly awaiting this project. There are quite a few really good tracks that often go overlooked and unremixed. I'm kind of sick of the whole "One Winged Angel" remixes, though. It's a REALLY OVERRATED song.

I dunno what you mean, given that there's only one ReMix on OCR of it... I don't think there are any on VGmix either. So if anything it's UNDER-remixed compared to other FF7 themes.

I dunno what you mean, given that there's only one ReMix on OCR of it... I don't think there are any on VGmix either. So if anything it's UNDER-remixed compared to other FF7 themes.

tru dat be, it is hard to remix, it has so much variation and just is outstanding as is

tru dat be, it is hard to remix, it has so much variation and just is outstanding as is

Aeris' theme on the other hand.....

Admittedly, it'll be hard to top the Advent Children version. However, if we do decide to cover it, it'll be good. I guarantee it.

There was ONE "One Winged Angel" mix on Vgmix, and it was a very mediocre hip-hop type version. There's also one cover from DOD back in February (or January, I cant remember). So yeah, there's like three arrangements of One Winged Angel in the whole remixing community.

Not that any of that was relevant. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well, if you can't post WIPs or anything, at least give us a CLUE as to how the project is faring...and not just "coming along", either. Something solid, like, 24/30 planned tracks have WIPS, so-and-so are completed, etc. Just, like, completion percentages and stuff. I don't even need to know artists or source tunes, just progress, cause this is a bit ridiculous, having an OCR Site Project from which OCR as a community is totally isolated.

Please?

~.C.S.~

Seeing the massive drama that was caused by C.S. is precisely why I've chosen NOT to reveal much information. As I've said before, when it's completely done - the songs, the website, everything - I will announce a final release date and give a better idea of what you can be expecting.

For now, I'm just going to elaborate a bit on what Spekkosaurus said. The third deadline of the project is coming up and finals are being completed. I have already received some finals and I'm VERY happy with them. There have been a few unfortunate dropouts from the project which were unavoidable (people who left the ReMixing community entirely or are on extremely long vacations and are not doing anything at all with OCR) so there have also been some people who entered a bit later and thus require additional time to complete their tracks.

However, the first 5 months or so of the project were generally more relaxed. Since that time period passed I have been focusing more on the end result and I think everyone will enjoy the results. I'll keep you posted.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's an update for you guys.

* We're going to have a teaser site up soon enough.

* There are nine totally completed songs sitting on my hard drive.

* Six songs are nearing completion.

* Ten songs are in the mostly-WIP stages, I estimate at least half of these will be included.

* Nine songs have been claimed and some basic work has been done.. probably 1/3 of these will be included.

Wooohoo! An update!

I must say, I'm very well looking forward to it, looking at the Artists who are participating in it =)

'Though I won't ask for more information, I hope the Teaser site will finally be a reward for those waiting, and for those who put in so much for it. Err, looking forward to it!

Do you plan on selling the album or is it freeware ? how does it work and how often do you fellahs do this ?

Im new, I thought this site was just a cool place to share tribute covers of game music. but obviously, theres more activity then that going on. Sounds realllyy interseting, this sites awesome!