Ports that disappointed you.

Melbu Frahma

Apparently, it's been a general opinion amongst fans of Skylanders that the Wii version of Spyro's Adventure was much more presentable on the Wii than the X360/PS3 versions. But I do see what you mean with shoddy Wii variations o.o*

See, the last time I played a Spyro game was like 10 years ago for the PS1. :D

But yeah, *most* of the time, the Wii port is the worst, normally just because of its technical limitations. I mean, I've seen a couple of games where the PS2 and Wii versions are the exact same while the 360 and PS3 have way better ports. Which is sorta sad how the Wii's port is exactly the same as a port for a system of an older generation.

The PC version of FF7 was tolerable to me, though that midi soundtrack is pretty terrible after hearing how it's supposed to sound. At the time I was just happy to be able to play it since I was a huge fan on FF6.

GTA 4 on the PC was unplayably buggy. Models missing half their body, standing up in vehicles and tons of crashes to desktop.

And of course any PC port where they don't change the button labels from the original console controller. "Push X to open door" or whatever does not help me on a keyboard...

See, I never really felt like the graphics were that bad.

Oh, no question the original had great graphics. But they're mid-90's graphics. I'm talking modern lighting, hi-res textures, 3D models, the whole shebang. And the mod is fully customizable. Want to play the game as it originally looked with an engine that actually runs on Windows NT framework, you can do that too. Personally I like playing the game with something that actually puts my modern graphics card to work.

The N64 port of the Star Wars: Episode I: Pod Racer was crap. The PC port was actually really damn good.

I think the n64 version is kickass! still play it on rainy days

also, remember the horrible Gameboy advance port of sonic the hedgehog?

every single possible thing you could break has been broken

you might cry. somehow the special stage music sounds better than the genesis though

also, remember the horrible Gameboy advance port of sonic the hedgehog?

every single possible thing you could break has been broken

you might cry. somehow the special stage music sounds better than the genesis though

That's worthy of some tears, yes. The whole bird/fish background thing on the special stage was completely ruined, and the slowdown throughout stages is terrible. Gotta move real slow, I guess?

The driver 2 port for GBA was garbage, trying to make the gba produce that kind of 3d. In the psp/ios port of FF Tactics they changed EVERY dialogue to be in old english. I cant say that it was bad, kindof made if feel different to play.

Ugh, that one too. The FFT port to PSP is terrible. It's bad enough that my favorite character was voiced by the terrible actress that did Yuna in FFX, but then all the spell effects had serious slowdown. It was painful to play.

Ugh, that one too. The FFT port to PSP is terrible. It's bad enough that my favorite character was voiced by the terrible actress that did Yuna in FFX, but then all the spell effects had serious slowdown. It was painful to play.

Yeah, it made me put the game down and walk away when I realized she was doing some of the voice work.

I was going to bring up FFT War of the Lions but despite the corny Shakespearean dialogue and spell slowdown I still really enjoyed the game. It is one of my favorite games ever created afterall. :)

It's not always the voice actors themselves who botch the part. Alot of times it's the friggen' directors. Though yea I didn't like FFX english yuna at all.

I was going to bring up FFT War of the Lions but despite the corny Shakespearean dialogue and spell slowdown I still really enjoyed the game. It is one of my favorite games ever created afterall. :)

Well, and I gotta say, once I got over that, I still enjoyed the game quite thoroughly, if not as much as the original. Although in all fairness, in most games I just kind of mentally mute the voice acting anyway - I'm an old school, let me read my dialogue darn you! kind of guy.

Not to mention all of Square's voice-actors have been terrible, with the exception of one or two characters in FFXII.

/offtopic

The port of R-Type II to the SNES (as Super R-Type) is pretty disappointing for how painfully slow the game is. They hadn't figured out how to make shooters on the system (Gradius III, Super R-Type), so what we got were games that only occasionally ran at normal speed.