Headphone recommendations

Smoke

So my Philips SBC HP890s decided to break on me(Literally, the left shell connection broke and it's held together by tape)

This results in me looking for a replacement pair.

Requirements: Nice and comfy(Big shells help, the current set has 50mm speakers), good sound, good bass, good frequency response, and closed.

Also nice if they give a good volume, even without an amp between the soundcard and headphones.

Price range: Anything below $100.

Links to webstores selling them and shipping internationally are also welcome, as well as pictures.

Also: No, I won't switch to speakers. I like headphones better.

No Sony for me please.

Seriously, I hate Sony with a burning passion ever since multiple bad experiences with their Walkmans back in the 80s and 90s (so yes, I've hated the company forever), but the MDR series headphones really are very good. Other than my 1st-gen Playstation (which I bought used because the less of my money those fuckheads get, the better), the MDR phones zare the only Sony product in my house.

-steve

PS: erp, I lied, there's also the older minidisc recorder which also works fairly well (this was before all the DRM crap they added to the products). But to be fair, someone traded it to me for a Travelling Wilburys tape. :P

The store Smoke buys stuff at doesn't have the sony, plus it's getting very obvious Smoke has a bias against them! He's pissed off they destroyed nintendo. :lol:

It's more of an annoyance with the way most Sony stuff tends to sound compared to my personal preferences. It's almost as if everything they create just doesn't get out a hard enough volume, or has other annoyances in terms of sound.

• 11 months later...