OCRA-0038 - Milky Way Wishes: A Kirby Super Star Tribute

Level 99

8 years ago, I vividly remember this album being announced, and I remember the consistent fallout that occurred with it. I rarely check the remix forums, but I do remember checking in on this one from time to time so many years ago.

All I can say is, I'm glad to see it finished. I didn't think it ever would come out, or even get done.

I can't wait to listen to this when I'm out cleaning windows tomorrow (that's when I really listen to tunes).

Congratulations guys.

I barely post, and I used to lurk the forums more, but I barely do that now too.

Still, known about OCR since 2003 when the first remix albums were starting to get put up...and I've been looking forward to this Album since Rise of the Star was completed.

Have always enjoyed the Kirby remixes at OCR, and this album is fantastic, easily one of my favorites (now that there are so many...kinda crazy to see how everything started from Relics of the Chozo to well over 50 albums here).

Love it, will be listening to it for a long time...and just glad to see a project I remember lurking and watching grow slowly so long ago finally complete and released.

So just a thanks from an old OCR fan. Really, really glad this is done and completed.

I grew up with Kirby, among other games, and I have to say I can feel the love in the album. Hearing some of the remixes that appear early on each 'disc' remind me of my first time playing the games, but what really nailed me was Sixto Sounds "The Savior of Dream Land".

Holy hell. I had long forgotten that track but then heard that and suddenly felt keen to victory.

Good work guys - good work.

I had forgotten how good this album is. Hylian Lemon, halc, insert rupee and protodome stand out for me on this release, they did some of their best work here. That said, everyone did a steller job! Cept for that Prototyperaptor feller, those vocals are a complete and utter balls up that completely ruins the entire album.

JK ^-^

I was starting to lose hope, but I'd like to thank you SO MUCH, Sir_Arek, halc, Level 99, and everyone who helped put this together. Halc thank you for doing my earliest collaborations at OCR. Thank you all for allowing my artistic vision to exist on this album even though it may be seen, by a very select few, as controversial. Thank you all and I hope you like the songs!

• 2 weeks later...

Long time listener, first time poster.

I wanted to say thanks for all the hard work that all of the artists and the organizers put into this album... Because the end-result is really fantastic, and really pays tribute to such an incredible soundtrack. The Kirby Super Star OST seems to be a well-regarded one, but it kind of gets overshadowed by all the Final Fantasies, and Marios of the world, so it was really nice to see it get its due.

I was trying to do a track-by-track review but it's been taking longer than expected. If you guys are interested, I can post what I have so far, though, while I work on the rest. :-D

But either way, really phenomenal work, everyone. This is exactly the kind of album that makes OCRemix such a great site to visit. Kudos!

• 4 weeks later...
"So Easy" is one of my favorite Kirby remixes ever. If anyone hates, then that is their own problem cause they are missing out on something hilariously awesome.

It was a great idea, and don't let anyone convince you otherwise ;)

I couldn't agree anymore this songs is hilarious and if you really to the background its great

• 5 months later...