SEGA Saturn 20th Anniversary Album is CANCELLED

Dave the Rave

Project director: Dave the Rave (that’s me)

Assistant director: TBA

CURRENT NEWS: 16 April

The list has once again been updated, also I shall claim Robo Pit. My brothers and I use to play that game nearly all the time. I’m STILL looking for an Assistant Director and more recruits.

THE RULES

1) Only SEGA Saturn games can be remixed. If the game was originally from the Arcades, then ported onto the Saturn, I’ll still accept it. If the game was also available on the PS1 and/or N64 (mostly PS1), but has not yet been remixed on either of these lists, I’ll think about it. The only Saturn games I won’t accept are the cancelled ones.

2) One ReMix per game or series. I know we all like/love NiGHTS into Dreams… (I personally prefer the Wii sequel any day(oh yeah, I went there!)) But there are 596 Saturn games, from well-known to obscure, that deserve the OCR treatment. Here’s a list of Saturn games to help you.

3) Any music genre is welcome. Pretty self explanatory.

THE TRACKLIST

We’ll add more as we go along. And as an added bonus, we’ll do 2 variations of Segata Sanshiro’s theme. An English version and the original Japanese version.

01 Segata Sanshiro’s theme (English version)

02 NiGHTS into Dreams - Jameson Sutton

03 Panzer Dragoon series

04 Burning Rangers - DiGi Valentine, Damashii!!

05 Sakura Wars

06 House of the Dead - Arcade Child

07 Terra Diver/Soukyogurentai

08 Die Hard Arcade

09 Radiant Silvergun - Portanexus

10 Guardian Heroes

11 Darius Gaiden

12 Metal Black - Arcade Child

13 Mr. Bones

14 Grandia

15 RayForce/Galactic Attack/Layer Section - Emperor Charlemagne

16 Scud: The Disposable Assassin - Reserved for TBA band

17 Virtua Cop 2 - Garpocalypse

18 Batsugun - Level 99

19 Sonic R/X-treme - G-Mixer, BrothaDom, Damashii!!

20 X-Men vs. Street Fighter - AngelCityOutlaw

21 Virtua Fighter 2 - DCT

22 SEGA Rally Championship - Rexy

23 Daytona USA - Begoma

24 Fighting Vipers

25 Saturn Bomberman

26 Shining series - Reserved for Damashii!!

27 Astal

28 Dark Savior

29 Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner

30 Princess Crown

31 Deep Fear

32 Mystaria: The Realms of Lore/Blazing Heroes

33 Wing Arms

34 Wachenröder

35 Robo Pit

36 Dragon Force

37 Langrisser series

38 Albert Odyssey: Legend of Eldean

39 Final Fight Revenge

40 Shienryu

41 Culdcept

42 Amok

43 Assault Suits Leynos 2

44 Steep Slope Sliders

45 Titan Wars/Solar Eclipse

46 Clockwork Knight

47 Firestorm: Thunderhawk 2

48 Bug!

50 Segata Sanshiro’s theme (Japanese version)

THE DEADLINE

Our goal is simple. We need to get this album out in time for November 22nd 2014, in time for the original Japanese release 20 years ago. However, if push comes to shove, I’ll be willing to push it back to 2015 (somewhere around June maybe) at the latest.

Timetable *Tentative to change*

June 8th

August 11th

October 28th FINAL DAY OF SUBMISSION

Red - Claimed, no WiP yet

Orange - 25% WiP

Green - 50% WiP

Purple - 75% WiP

Blue - Finished

Bold Blue - Finished & in my hands

------------------------------------------------------------------

Original Post:

Hi there guys! A week or so ago, I’ve been thinking of an idea for an album.

On November 22nd 2014, will mark the 20th Anniversary of the SEGA Saturn (in Japan). So I thought to myself “What if Overclocked ReMix made an album dedicated to this console?” So I thought I’d pitched this idea with you lot and see how many of you would be interested in it.

Now I’ve already read the Project Guidelines & I might need someone with more experience with album projects then me to lend a helping hand, since this will probably be my first album project. I’m also fully aware there are lots of album projects, some of which that are in desperate need of getting finished. However, I am willing to push it back to 2015, for the Europe or US release dates respectively, if push comes to shove. And finally, the rules will be similar to the Game Boy 25th Anniversary album.

Anyway, that’s my idea. If you guys like this, please let me know & we’ll work our way from here.

Edited by Dave the Rave
Just updating the list

As one of OCR's most vocal resident Saturn-whores, I humbly endorse this product and/or service.

Here's a quicky list of all the Saturn games that have amazingly unique material, IMHO:

Albert Odyssey

Assault Suit Leynos 2

Astal

Batsugun

Burning Rangers

Christmas NiGHTS

Clockwork Knight

Clockwork Knight 2

Daytona USA

Daytona USA Championship Circuit Edition (totally different soundtrack for the most part, AMAZING classic rock songs)

Dragon Force

Enemy Zero (careful which songs from this one: some previously appeared on other works by the composer)

Fighters Megamix

Fighting Vipers

Galactic Attack

Guardian Heroes

Gungriffon

Gungriffon II

The House of the Dead

Iron Storm

Kingdom Grand Prix

Langrisser series

Magic Knight Rayearth

Metal Black

Mr. Bones

NiGHTS into Dreams... (duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh)

Night Warriors: Darkstalker's Revenge

Panzer Dragoon

Panzer Dragoon II Zwei

Panzer Dragoon Saga

Radiant Silvergun

Ronde

Saturn Bomberman

Sega Rally Championship

Shinning Force III

Shinning The Holy Ark

Shinning Wisdom

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner

Sonic 3D Blast

Sonic R

Virtua Cop

Virtua Cop 2

Virtua Fighter

Virtua Fighter 2

Virtual On

I'm sure there's more but yeah those, listen to those.

Edit: While I'd love to be able to help out firsthand with this project, considering my unrestrained infatuation with it, I am sadly overburdened right now. I can only offer what I offer to all other project directors: staff guidance and assistance to whomever gets this off the ground, if anyone.

Right now there's only one other album that's taken a focus specifically to a system, and that's the GB 25th anniversary album. The concept of doing a love-letter to a whole system is great, just don't make it too large. Keep it manageable in size since you can always do a second one if the first one is a success, however if you try to do too much it may fail and you'll end up with nothing, especially if its your first time trying to direct something (tl;dr: keep it two discs or less).

Edited by Level 99

As one of OCR's most vocal resident Saturn-whores, I humbly endorse this product and/or service.

I challenge you to a Saturn whore-down Level!

HAH! You listed Iron Storm!!! Probably my favorite game on the Saturn. I had a remix medley for that planned but decided to abort it until my skillz got better. I realized not everyone wants to listen to a 14+ minute remix of my GARbage.

I'd like to add Wing Arms to that list but for the life of me I can't find the sources on youtube. I have the game so I might try to record them myself.

All in favor of Steveo directing this? yay.

Edited by Garpocalypse

I challenge you to a Saturn whore-down Level!

HAH! You listed Iron Storm!!! Probably my favorite game on the Saturn. I had a remix medley for that planned but decided to abort it until my skillz got better. I realized not everyone wants to listen to a 14+ minute remix of my GARbage.

I'd like to add Wing Arms to that list but for the life of me I can't find the sources on youtube. I have the game so I might try to record them myself.

All in favor of Steveo directing this? yay.

Challenge accepted.

I have a rip of it that I can upload sometime in the near future.

Also totally forgot Blazing Heroes. That had an absolutely stellar soundtrack.

And as much as I would like to help directing this, I think I did my piece with the NiGHTS album. Again, I wouldn't want to sign on to any projects that I wouldn't have the time to give my all on, since that would be worse than not participating at all. I WILL be watching this very closely and, of course, giving my staff aid.

May I also mention that I'm looking for a few full time secretaries so I can turn my life into an outsourced business model? :350:

Ok well I will say that I will totally do a Sonic 3D Blast remix.

Or yes, even Sonic R, as horrifying as the music may be to me.

It wasn't as much of the music as it was that every time I played it I heard the music and the vocals and thought my mom was singing to the song behind me.

AH! G-Mixer! I was gonna fan-boy over the Sonic games haha!

If anyone is willing to collab on one of them, I like to contribute.

I didn't think Sonic R's music was as horrible as everyone else did for some reason...8)

The only other Saturn games I played were Virtua Cop and...some...racing game? With hovercars or something? Anyone know that?

AH! G-Mixer! I was gonna fan-boy over the Sonic games haha!

If anyone is willing to collab on one of them, I like to contribute.

I didn't think Sonic R's music was as horrible as everyone else did for some reason...8)

We should totally do a collab on a Sonic R remix and it should be all electronic and there could be some rap breakdown. :D

How about a vocal Sonic R remix? I wanna rock out to Can You Feel The Sunshine!

That's what I was thinking and talking about.

Unless you mean a capella, which would actually be neat to try.

Or a really electronic sound, sorta like the thing those dudes remixed for Sonic Generations of Super Sonic Racing. That.

Anyone who takes this up, I would love to be a part of. Give me an excuse to make another remix, for a console worthy of much love and adoration.

I'm surprised Panzer Dragoon hasn't seen more love on this site, after all. At least Zwei's awesome tribal-electronic soundtrack.

That's what I was thinking and talking about.

Unless you mean a capella, which would actually be neat to try.

Or a really electronic sound, sorta like the thing those dudes remixed for Sonic Generations of Super Sonic Racing. That.

Not what I meant. Any style is cool. I'm available to sing on it.

EDIT: I have just made quite possibly the shortest OC Remix ever. A 10 second remix of Game Over Yeah from Sega Rally. I'll PM it to the man in charge.

Edited by Powerstars

Stevo Edit: I merged the threads and this is the OP from the previous one. In the future, please convert your album idea thread into a recruit thread since there's already been activity there.

'Project director: Dave the Rave (that’s me)

Assistant director: TBA

CURRENT NEWS: 18 March

Well everyone, since a lot of you have expressed high support of my idea from the original topic, I’ve decided to myself “Oh why not? Let’s do this thing!” Let’s get recruiting!

As I’ve mentioned, I will need help from someone with more experience in album projects then me. I will do my very best to help however I can. If anyone has any suggestions of a better title for our album, don’t be afraid to say so.

THE RULES

1) Only SEGA Saturn games can be remixed. If the game was originally from the Arcades, then ported onto the Saturn, I’ll consider it. If the game was also available on the PS1 and/or N64 (mostly PS1), but has not yet been remixed on either of these lists, I’ll think about it.

2) One ReMix per game or series. I know we all like/love NiGHTS into Dreams… (I personally prefer the Wii sequel any day(oh yeah, I went there!)) But there are 596 Saturn games, from well-known to obscure, that deserve the OCR treatment. Here’s a list of Saturn games to help you.

3) Any music genre is welcome. Pretty self explanatory.

THE TRACKLIST

For now, I’m only looking to get at least 20 ReMixes for this album. But we might add more. And as an added bonus, we’ll do 2 variations of Segata Sanshiro’s theme. An English version and the original Japanese version.

01 Segata Sanshiro’s theme (English version)

02 NiGHTS into Dreams

03 Panzer Dragoon series - Reserved for Dj Mystix

04 Sonic R - G-Mixer, BrothaDom

20 Segata Sanshiro’s theme (Japanese version)

THE DEADLINE

Our goal is simple. We need to get this album out in time for November 22nd 2014, in time for the original Japanese release 20 years ago. However, if push comes to shove, I’ll be willing to push it back to 2015 (somewhere around June maybe) at the latest. I'll post an organised timetable later in the week.

Edited by Level 99