SEGA Saturn 20th Anniversary Album is CANCELLED

Dave the Rave

I think the addition of a Sonic Xtreme remix would be more fanservice than anything but the people who are going to be downloading the album will know that the remixers who worked on it knew their Saturn stuff if they see Sonic Xtreme on there. Especially the ones who are more Sega cultists like me. :) Segata Sanshiro is a great icon but I, like most NA's at the time, had no idea he existed until I was able to watch those commercials on youtube. However I did know about Sonic Xtreme from all the previews to the eventual cancellation notice of the game in my Ultra Game Players mags so Sonic Xtreme was more a part of the Saturn experience than Segata Sanshiro was at the time for me and many others. No big though if we can't do it, i'd be up for a collab on it for sure.

Lol sorry I meant that to be "Garpo" not "Garco" ha!! Yeh well if we don't do Sonic X-Treme (which I think would be a bit unfortunate, but I'm just going to go ahead and accept it now), you and I could do somethin' meybey.

Eh, only one Sonic game? I can live with that. (That series has a lot of presence around here anyway lol)

So, if someone wants some minor vocals in their mix (I can do a verse, or just common shouts/hype vocals), I'm definitely your guy.

Plus, I would LOVE to be exposed to some new Saturn music. I never really got a chance to play it much, so it'd be nice to learn!

(For some reason I thought Jet Set Radio was on the Saturn for a second, then I remembered it was Dreamcast...I want to remix something from that...just a side note ;-))

Let's be honest, I've touched the console itself, and I've read a ridiculous amount of information on it and know a good amount of stuff about it, but I have never actually played a game on the Saturn (I've only played Saturn games through remakes and different ports... I think it's pathetic).

In fact, the only game system manufactured by SEGA that I've ever actually played on is the Genesis, and that's because I own one. Also probably because it was their most successful console.

Soukyogurentai also deserve love
Hell yeah! One heck of a shmup, which alongside Radiant Silvergun shares some of Sakimoto's most defining compositions. :grin:
OMFG, I want to do a Radiant Silvergun mix so bad...
Yeah. Can I take Radiant Silvergun?

That'd be awesome if you guys could collab on a RS remix, seeing as this project only allows one arrangement per game/serie. :wink:

Ok so who wants to collab with me on a track from Sonic R? I may stick some cameo appearances of X-Treme and 3D Blast tunes in there, if that's legal.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do, but when all the Sonic R stuff is vocal, you can't just go and get rid of it and do an instrumental... I mean you can, but that's no fun. ^_^

Hey Dave, what's the stance on a remixer taking on more then one track? I just wanted to ask, ask was thinking of doing a Metal Black remix as well if it's possible. If you'd rather keep it to just one track per remixer for fairness, then I understand.

Ok so who wants to collab with me on a track from Sonic R? I may stick some cameo appearances of X-Treme and 3D Blast tunes in there, if that's legal.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do, but when all the Sonic R stuff is vocal, you can't just go and get rid of it and do an instrumental... I mean you can, but that's no fun. ^_^

Depends on what you had in mind, but I'd be willing to help you if you need it. c: So what do you have in mind?

Edited by Arcade Child

Hey Dave, what's the stance on a remixer taking on more then one track? I just wanted to ask, ask was thinking of doing a Metal Black remix as well if it's possible. If you'd rather keep it to just one track per remixer for fairness, then I understand.

Unlike the Game Boy 25th Anniversary project, I do welcome remixers to remix more than one game. So if you want to do more than one remix, that's fine.

Gonna go update the list now and tomorrow I'll post a colour status chart.

Well, I'm in. And I know just the thing.

Sure, my nostalgia with Saturn games may be somewhat minimal in comparison to most others here, but I think I could handle a Sega Rally arrangement out there, remembering my fondness for playing it in the Arcade as a youth (and of course there was DAYTONAAAAAA... but that's another story :P). Most likely I feel keen to try something with Ignition - tend to be a sucker more for the hooks on that one more than anything else :P

Ok well I will say that I will totally do a Sonic 3D Blast remix.

Or yes, even Sonic R, as horrifying as the music may be to me.

It wasn't as much of the music as it was that every time I played it I heard the music and the vocals and thought my mom was singing to the song behind me.

oh no you didn't. LIVIN IN THE CITY, you know you HAVE TO SURVIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE.

Don't recall if it's been said, but is "X-Men Vs Street Fighter" acceptable? It was from the arcade, but ported to Saturn first. It was later ported to playstation, but the playstation version sucked.

If it's acceptable, I'd love to collab with someone. I've long had this plan of merging Gambit's theme with Rogue's into an epic 80s style love song/rock Ballad.

Someone really needs to remix this track for this project -

Virtua Fighter 2 needs representing on here too. Here's a suggestion for anyone looking to pick up a track -

(though to be honest, any track from Virtua Fighter 2 is pretty boss, i just chose my favourite here)

And as a reminder, one of the best Bomberman games to exist was on this console. Saturn Bomberman is LOADED with sick tunes begging for a remix! - Medley of the soundtrack