SEGA Saturn 20th Anniversary Album is CANCELLED

Dave the Rave

@ Powerstars: Sorry, but I've given SEGA Rally to Rexy.

@ G-Mixer: Don't worry man. There's always the next deadline, so take your time.

CURRENT NEWS: 2 April

The list has once again been updated and I’m STILL looking for an Assistant director. I do have three possible name suggestions for our album that I’ve thought by myself.

1) Moons of Sanshiro

2) Moons of Segata

3) Moons of Segata Sanshiro

Your probably wondering “Why moons?” Well according to Wikipedia, there are 62 moons on Saturn. If you like any of them or you have a better title for our album, let me know.

1) Moons of Sanshiro

2) Moons of Segata

3) Moons of Segata Sanshiro

Hey Dave, with all respect due, i think maybe you might want to reconsider using Segata Sanshiro's name in the album title. Not sure we should be using something that high profile in a fan-remix album title, if you catch my drift.

As a suggestion, think along old slogans and advertising catchphrases that the Saturn had during it's era. Like how the UK adverts had the "You're Not Ready!" slogan on them, maybe we could expand on that, something like "You're Still Not Ready!". Or the American slogan used to be "Head to Saturn", and we could make it something like "Heading back to Saturn". These are just thrown in for examples, not saying we consider using these.

Anyone considering tackling the Saturn version of Castlevania: Symphony of the Night? I think all the Saturn exclusive areas are remixes of older titles, but I haven't played the game, so I could be wrong.

Also, I'm considering doing something for Astal. Sadly, I won't have anything ready by May 1st...

Anyone considering tackling the Saturn version of Castlevania: Symphony of the Night? I think all the Saturn exclusive areas are remixes of older titles, but I haven't played the game, so I could be wrong.

Also, I'm considering doing something for Astal. Sadly, I won't have anything ready by May 1st...

I didn't know there was a Castlevania game for Saturn... I feel sorta stupid that I didn't know that...

Also, as I said earlier, it's a no-brainer I won't have anything by May 1st. When's the next deadline after that one?

I didn't know there was a Castlevania game for Saturn... I feel sorta stupid that I didn't know that...

Also, as I said earlier, it's a no-brainer I won't have anything by May 1st. When's the next deadline after that one?

You know what I JUST remembered was also on the Saturn? Mega Man 8! That version's considered more "complete" than the PS1 version, since it has an optional Cut Man and Wood Man boss theme, as well as a different

theme altogether...

Also the deadline after May 1st is August 15th.

In regards of SotN, if the game has different music or more music than the PS1 version, I'll think about adding it to the list. I have debated whether to add Megaman 8 to the list or not since, as Nonamer stated, TenguMan's theme has a different beat to the PS1 version.

And finally, I think I'll change the first WiP date to May 25th instead. Since I've had three people telling me that they are unable to have something ready by then.

EDIT AS OF 7/4/2013

It's decided, I'm changing the first WiP date to May 25th.

Edited by Dave the Rave

• 2 weeks later...

That's odd! The forum icon didn't notify me this thread was updated! My bad! o.o

Also, glad to see more people have claimed some more tracks. This thing is bulking out a little more now! Awesome!

Also, you can update the info for my Burning Rangers track, i will be collaborating with Damashii ...and possibly some others if i can get some vocalists on for it. But more on that later :)

Bro. I do vocals. What are we specifically looking for.
Yo, sorry for the delayed response, i only just saw this.

Dude, i had no idea you did vocals. I'll definitely keep you on the list as a possibly, i want to talk more about the song idea through with Damashii!! first before we start hunting more people to get on board the track.

The track we're doing is 'Angels with Burning Hearts' from Burning Rangers. Looking for someone with a soulful edge that can hit some high notes.

In any case, i'll keep you on the short list i'm writing up for now, man! Thanks! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a way I can contribute in someway for Sakura Wars (Sakura Taisen in Japan) I was thinking about writing the lyrics however I don't have a recording or music program. I do however have the musical notes of the theme song "Attack! Imperial Floral Combat Troop"

Consider it done.

BTW, only 9 days until our first WiP checkpoint.

Apologies, that probably won't be able to happen for our track. Firstly the three of us need to work out how the remix is going to go, and then additionally I just am really busy with the Wind Waker project and Game Boy project. Once I can get Wind Waker out of the way, it will begin to free up time for this. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Dave, what is happening regarding the status of this project? I don't think it's been green-lighted yet (at least, not that i've been made aware), have you heard anything from OCR management at all?

I haven't contact them yet. Expect an announment, hopfully by the end of the week.

CURRENT NEWS: 5 June

Hello everyone. Sorry for my lack of activity around here. I’ve been getting some on-again, off-again lag from this website all month long.

First off, thanks to those of you who were able to PM me your WiPs last month. I love what you’ve all done so far. Secondly, I’m STILL looking for an Assistant Director and more recruits. But we’ll worry about that later.

I do have a plan on how we might be able to make this an OCRemix Album. Our next WiP Deadline is August 15th. But of course, that might change at a moments notice. Then come September, I’ll send an application to the boss man, djpretzel himself, to see if we can get our OCRemix Album seal of approval. Until then, I seriously need to get to work on my own ReMix.

Keep up the good work, everyone. And to all latecomers, send me your WiPs ASAP.