SEGA Saturn 20th Anniversary Album is CANCELLED

Dave the Rave

I just sent a WIP attempting to be the sod who claims NiGHTs. :D

All the games I wanted to cover have been claimed, which fills me with great satisfaction that there is so much love for the Saturn.

This is an extremely exciting project and I hope it gets greenlit.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Had a bit of an Internet glitch whilst sending through the finished House Of The Dead track, but I think it went through. Let me know if it didn't, Dave, and I'll send it your way again.

Now I just need to crack on with the Metal Black remix.

Edited by Arcade Child

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I apologise for not able to make the November deadline; I've been completely swamped with work at the moment (right about the same time I'm in a bit of a creative slump, typically :P), and I should've notified you sooner that I might not be able to make it. I should be able to make the next deadline though, as my workload eases off literally the day after Christmas, so I should have something for you not long after.

• 2 months later...

yeah... unfortunately we won't be getting anything in. I don't know if Jordanius has reported anything, but all three of us are just too busy right now.

I still am wanting to do it, though, but I probably won't be able to get around it til around May and I don't know what Jordan and Dom are up to; I just know Jordan is super busy right now too.

I'm willing to give up my dibs on the Metal Black position; I'm about to start training for a new job next week and some serious tech issues have set me back a bit and I've become incredibly backed up with work as a result. It's unfortunate, but I can't keep saying "sorry, i'll make the next deadline though!" and sitting on dibs when someone else who might want to remix a tune from Metal Black and actually has the time to do it could take the slot instead.

It's not a total waste though; I did manage to get something done for The House Of The Dead in the end, and a couple of months on I'm still fairly happy with it and am alright with it going on the album as-is. Should that change, I may go in for tweaks or a rewrite sometime before the final submission deadline, but I'm fairly sure it isn't going to come to that.

I'm willing to give up my dibs on the Metal Black position; I'm about to start training for a new job next week and some serious tech issues have set me back a bit and I've become incredibly backed up with work as a result. It's unfortunate, but I can't keep saying "sorry, i'll make the next deadline though!" and sitting on dibs when someone else who might want to remix a tune from Metal Black and actually has the time to do it could take the slot instead.

It's not a total waste though; I did manage to get something done for The House Of The Dead in the end, and a couple of months on I'm still fairly happy with it and am alright with it going on the album as-is. Should that change, I may go in for tweaks or a rewrite sometime before the final submission deadline, but I'm fairly sure it isn't going to come to that.

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings everyone, it’s been awhile! Time for an update regarding this project.

First off, the list has once again been updated. I think 50 tracks are enough for this album. I’ve also decided to unclaim Robo Pit. Why you may ask? I’ll explain in a moment.

Secondly, the last track I’m adding to the list WILL be a MegaMan one. But I’m flipping coins whether to choose the Saturn version of MegaMan 8 (since TenguMan has a different tempo/beat and the PS1 version doesn’t have

and
) or the more obscure Super Adventure Rockman. (which also has Electrical Communication & Brand New Way. As well as this battle theme)

This is why I need your final say on this. Do you want megaman 8 or SAR? If you want to make a melody out of them, I won’t stop ya.

And finally, I’m thinking of stepping down as project director of this project. My reasons why are as follows…

1) I’m not going to lie to you lot. I’ve been a lazy bastard. So lazy that I haven’t even started on my Robo Pit ReMix, at all.

2) I believe I have bit off more than I could chew. I thought I could handle it, but I’m not sure for how long.

3) I’m going to Florida this year in November, with some family members & friends. Unfortunately, it will clash with the projects release schedule.

I really don’t want to cancel this project or let you guys down. But sometimes you have to make sacrifices, even if this means continuing this project without me. If someone wishes to take over, PM me and we’ll talk.

One last thing. This is somewhat off topic, but I have a deviantART account. Feel free to stop by if you have one as well.

That’s it for now. Next WiP deadline is June 8th.

See you later!!

Ok. Real talk. And no direct offence intended when i say this.

This project has not been handled well at all and i feel it's already caved in on itself.

Firstly, communications have been really sparse, there has been no solid drive or focus on getting the mixers here to stay on course with deadlines. Secondly, raising the track-count to 50 is insane and a terrible idea when this project is clearly having trouble getting people to claim even a third of the current sources. You should be trimming down the track list, not adding more to it. You just said so yourself that you think you've bitten off more than you can chew by starting this project.

You are also now thinking of stepping down as director after just raising the track amount to 50. So .... you're potentially going to leave it to somebody else to try and recruit mixers for 50 different songs? Because nobody is going to want a responsibility like that, people around OCR are busy enough as it is.

I think this project should be shelved for the minute. Seriously. It's clearly in no state to continue stumbling along like this. Put it to the side and maybe someone can come along, dust it off a year from now and start it again, providing they know what they want to do with it.

Again, no offence but this was not how i imagined a project of this scope to be handled.

Really disappointed, quite frankly. Shame :?

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings everyone!!

It’s been a year since I’ve suggested about making this project. However, after a lot of thinking on what DiGi had said, I’ve made a decision. A decision that you’re not going to like. It is with a heavy heart, which I regret to say this project is cancelled.

I am extremely sorry to everyone who did work hard on this. I feel like I’ve let you all down. There are no words for me to express how sorry I am, to all of you.:(

This project just wasn’t getting anywhere. Fewer people we’re interested in this thing, WiP deadlines were missed, me being lazy to get more ReMixers. I’m going to take DiGi’s advice and shelve this project. Then try again maybe in a year or 2’s time, in time for this consoles 25th anniversary. You now have full permission to submit your work to the judges whenever you feel like it.

If I ever decide to make another ReMix album project between now and in the next coming months, (or even years) I will make sure something like this will never happen ever again. I like to think of it as an experience and hopefully be a better project director in the future.

To everyone who took part in this project and had WiP/Finished remixes, I like to say thank you for expressing interest and once again, sorry if I’ve wasted your time. To everyone who also took part and had no WiP whatsoever, I appreciate the fact you had some interest in this project.

Before I let the moderators lock this thread, I do have one last request. On November 22nd, give this console some love. Please make some ReMixes for this console. I know most of you all like/love NiGHTS into Dream. (Again I prefer the Wii sequel) But there are so many Saturn games that deserve the OCR treatment. It’s the very least we can do for this console.

Until this day comes, I hereby decree this project shelved.

• 3 weeks later...