Far Cry 3 OST - Falling Into a Dream Remix

Take One LVA

Haven't been on here in a while to contribute anything or give feedback. I do, have this contribution. Flipped the Far Cry song into a Hip Hop styled instrumental. There are a couple of remixes of this song done well that are more electro/trance out there, so I wanted to get a good boom bap version out.

https://soundcloud.com/takeone-1/far-cry-3-ost-falling-into-a

Let me know what's up

I'm digging the intro. When the drums come in at 0:19 it seems a bit sudden, and the arrangement sounds very rigid here. If your piano is quantized, step back from that a bit. I mean, if you clicked it in, then you may need to get a bit more creative with the timing, but if you performed it with a midi keyboard then you may need to re-record it and maintain the natural timing. I'm not saying BAD or LOOSE timing, but natural. This is just a bit too mechanical.

I may have misread bap as rap, and I kept waiting for the vocals to come in. ;-) Is that something you are looking to pursue? Without the vocals, it seems too straightforward. It's a nice loop, but it needs some vocals in there, or at least a lead instrument to give it some oomph. I'm assuming the part at 2:28 is supposed to be a chorus, but as it is, it just seems like an extension of the previous part. There isn't enough of a change for the chorus to really set it apart from the verse, in my opinion. Depending on how the vocals are implemented (IF THERE WILL BE ANY) this may not be so much of an issue. In many modern hip hop / pop songs, you will hear a chorus with just a lot of layered vocals filling out and expanding on the verse to create a new chorus. I can think of a lot of Ke$ha songs that pretty much just repeat the verse with more instrumentation and soaring vocals to create a chorus.

Anyway, this still seems like a fairly early version of the song, and I will keep an eye on it to see its progression as you continue, and share some more thoughts as you go along. Keep it up, I really like where this one is heading!

Great to read all what you wrote. Thanks for taking the time to do that. I did want the drop to take you off guard a little but not to completely come in randomly. Other than the quote, there really is no indication of the impending drop. For the piano, I may have matched the tempo too much to create that 'thirds' arrangement as opposed to the original bpm. I dont like the mechanical feel either, so I tried to get the drums offbeat a little. Vocals would be awesome, but for now, I don't plan on that. I was experimenting with so many leads but couldn't fit one in there that I liked, so I went with less is more. I will keep this version as a final because I've listened to it so much already haha. You had a lot of good advice, I'll be sure to put all that towards future creations (drops, variance, bold chorus). Thanks dude.