VikingGuitar Halloween Compilation 2013

VikingGuitar

If you're some sort of super-cool dude/dudette, you probably remember this album from Halloween last year:

Viking Guitar Productions Presents: Danse Macabre

Well, it was pretty well received, so we're doing it again this year! Some people are already signed up, but I want to open it up to everyone else that wants to participate. Here's the rundown:

- The album will be a collection of cover songs from horror movies and video games. No original compositions, though you can definitely take lots of liberties with the source materials.

- The album will be posted on bandcamp for free download.

- There is a list of suggested songs, but this is not strict. These are just songs I think would be cool to cover. You can definitely pick a different one, but I need to approve it before hand.

- All participants need to do their own recording, mixing, and mastering. Myself and other people will be able to help in limited situations, but plan on doing most/all of it yourself.

Here's the BIG ONE. Sign ups are by AUDITION ONLY. I don't mean to be a dick, but I want to keep a fairly high level of quality with this album. I'm sure that most (if not all) of you will make the cut, but I do just want to talk real quick with you to take a look at what you can do. So, if you want to sign up send me an email (vikingguitar@vikingguitaruniversity.com) with:

- What track you want to do (limit 2 per person)

- A list of anyone that will be collaborating with you

- A recent recording that represents your recording/mixing abilities

Here's the list of WiP dates. Please don't commit to this unless you're prepared to stick to them. If something comes up, we can definitely work with it, but plan on making these dates:

June 1 - First WiP due. If you have multiple songs, I just need one WiP. This doesn't have to be extensive, but I need to know you're actually working on the project.

August 1 - Second WiP due. This should represent a decent amount of work on the song. If you have multiple songs, I'll need something for each song you're working on.

September 1 - Third WiP due. One for each song you're doing. By this point, the songs should be nearing completion, or in the mixing/mastering phase.

October 1 - Final tracks due. Yes, I know this is a month before Halloween, but it gives me time to work out things that need to be changed, and it allows for the (unfortunately) inevitable "but I just need another week or ten days" situation that some people will end up in.

Here's who's already signed up and what tracks they have:

VikingGuitar - Tales from the Crypt

VikingGuitar - Ravenous

Omigadrive - Tocatta and Fugue in D Minor

Norg - Night on Bald Mountain

Tim Yarbrough (from The OneUps) - Silent Hill Theme

Brandon Hood and Lobos (ex-Descendents of Erdrick) - Silent Hill 2

Mike Treanor - Super Mario World Ghost House

Kirby Pufocia and Cheryl Norfair - Danse Macabre

Mega Beardo - They Live

Big Matt (from Those Who Fight) - Resident Evil 2 Save Room

Big Matt - "Cry Little Sister" from The Lost Boys

Amanda Lepre - Demon's Crest

Amanda Lepre - "Dracula" by Iced Earth

Heosphoros - Sweet Home

Brandon Strader - Music from The Walking Dead game

Stemage, Kirby, and Cheryl - "All the Men In My Life Keep Getting Killed by Candarian Demons" from the Evil Dead musical (I know, right?!?!)

Robert Curzon - Theme from "Psycho"

Dr. Manhattan - Theme from "Shaun of the Dead"

Jameson Sutton - Sweeney Todd medley

Chunkstyle - Cantos Profanae (from "Troll")

Here are some suggested tracks:

Poltergeist www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWhH5isNvUc

Ghost Town www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqZ8428GSrI

Tales from the Darkside www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnE3-0X-174

The 7th Guest www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yhgme8Wufo

Suspiria www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJUaCAIxSk4

Tenebre ("Flashing") www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDfAKQ1Xsa8

Dawn of the Dead ("The Gonk") www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksR0wDS-L_c

Nightmare on Elm Street www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-_Xx9Dn0aI

That's about it! Let me know if you have any questions, and I'm excited about people joining up!

KEEP HALLOWEEN METAL.

Edited by VikingGuitar