youtube.com/pumpkinking872

soundcloud.com/pumpkin-king

User ID:

Name of Game:

Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Majora's Mask, Ocarina of Time

Name of Arrangement:

Fragments of Time v.1

Name of song arranged:

Ballad of the Goddess (Harp Version), Lost Woods (or Saria's Song), Song of Healing

Original Composer:

Koji Kondo

Link to source track:

Ballad of the Goddess:

Lost Woods:

Song of Healing:

My arrangement is included in the attachment.

This is a piano arrangement/medley for multiple games in the Legend of Zelda Franchise. It starts with the Skyward Sword theme from Skyward Sword, transitions into the Lost Woods theme from Ocarina of Time, then to Song of Healing from Majora's Mask. It then repeats the same pattern, though with more diversity and dynamics, for a proper build-up where it finally concludes with the Skyward Sword theme.

I started working on this because when I was learning some of the Zelda songs, I realized how similar they all sounded. A lot of the songs play in the same key. So I thought it would be cool to blend them together into one song, rather than having it sound strictly like a piano medley.

This is version 1 because I plan on doing different versions with different songs from the Zelda franchise. There are more songs that sound very similar and I want to do the same thing like I did with this version.

I used Logic Pro as my DAW. I used the Galaxy Vintage D library for the piano sound.

Edited by djpretzel

• 3 months later...

Not a big fan of the piano sound here; it definitely gets by, but it has just that bit of rigidness that makes it very clear it's not a real piano.

The first half of the arrangement felt a little by the numbers and the piano sample lacked the richness of a real piano (which can't be helped) and prevented things from sounding as awesome as they could have. In any case, the arrangement here got it done, so let's not miss the big picture.

3:16, 3:18 and a few other spots had some quick pops that unfortunately made it through; most won't notice them, and it wasn't a huge deal. Let's go.

YES

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...