OCR Parents

RealFolkBlues

So BGC's thread got me thinking: how many of ya'll have kids? This thread can also be for anything parenting-related (such as pictures or funny stories about your kids,) but please don't derail the thread with diatribes about overpopulation and such. That would probably be great fodder for a PPR thread.

I will start! I have a two year old son named Jon Leo. He is pretty awesome in all respects, though he decided he would really get into the role of a two year old literally the day before his birthday. We were trying to bring him from our room to the bathroom for his bath and he decided that just wasn't the plan. Threw the worst tantrum we had thus far seen, complete with holding onto the door frames and flinging himself down head-first onto the ground. Pretty ridiculous. Still surprisingly cute, though.

Alright, OCR, go, go, go!

My parenting situation is a little different. I don't have a biological daughter, but my girlfriend and I have become parental figures to a 2-year old foster child, named Kaiyah. Her real father is unknown, and her real mother was abusive, so my girlfriend's mother was given custody of her last year.

When my girl's mother became sick (she's better now, btw), my girl started taking care of Kaiyah and they started to become really close (during that time, we were actually separated and I was getting ready to move to Colorado). Gonna skip some of the details here, but the move ended up getting postponed, and we eventually decided to get back together and work on fixing our relationship around Nov of last year, where she informed me that she wanted to adopt Kaiyah one day. I was really skeptical at first because, I didn't want to be a parent at that time, but I didn't want to give up on a decent relationship because of a child neither. I didn't meet Kaiyah until Thanksgiving of last year. She's the sweetest little girl I've ever met, and as time went by, I also became fond of her.

Eventually, Kaiyah started calling my girl "momma" and me "daddy," and that was pretty much it for me. I have been her father figure ever since. Since they live in a different city, I can't really be physically there with them everyday, but I do my best. We are working on getting to a point where we can actually adopt Kaiyah, and be the parents she deserves to have in her life.

So, now I have a 2-year old little girl, and a 2-year old dog that I rescued in my life that I never saw coming half a year ago, and I couldn't be any prouder. LMAO

Only thing that sucks is, I now have very little time to do remixes.:puppyeyes:

My parenting situation is a little different. I don't have a biological daughter, but my girlfriend and I have become parental figures to a 2-year old foster child, named Kaiyah. Her real father is unknown, and her real mother was abusive, so my girlfriend's mother was given custody of her last year.

When my girl's mother became sick (she's better now, btw), my girl started taking care of Kaiyah and they started to become really close (during that time, we were actually separated and I was getting ready to move to Colorado). Gonna skip some of the details here, but the move ended up getting postponed, and we eventually decided to get back together and work on fixing our relationship around Nov of last year, where she informed me that she wanted to adopt Kaiyah one day. I was really skeptical at first because, I didn't want to be a parent at that time, but I didn't want to give up on a decent relationship because of a child neither. I didn't meet Kaiyah until Thanksgiving of last year. She's the sweetest little girl I've ever met, and as time went by, I also became fond of her.

Eventually, Kaiyah started calling my girl "momma" and me "daddy," and that was pretty much it for me. I have been her father figure ever since. Since they live in a different city, I can't really be physically there with them everyday, but I do my best. We are working on getting to a point where we can actually adopt Kaiyah, and be the parents she deserves to have in her life.

So, now I have a 2-year old little girl, and a 2-year old dog that I rescued in my life that I never saw coming half a year ago, and I couldn't be any prouder. LMAO

Only thing that sucks is, I now have very little time to do remixes.:puppyeyes:

This is a totally AWESOME story and I love it so much... (except the part about no time for remixes, haha) Congratulations on becoming a daddy this way!!! :)

This is the most recent picture I have of my 16 month old daughter Lillian. She was born super-premature (she weighed about a pound and was in the hospital for three months.) She's apparently part Kryptonian however, because she not only has nothing wrong with her as a result of it, but quickly developed beyond the expected curve. That and she has x-ray vision that can find even the most well hidden tasty snacks. It kills me to have to be away from her all the time, but she always has a big smile for her dad whenever I do finally get to back and see her.

This is the most recent picture I have of my 16 month old daughter Lillian. She was born super-premature (she weighed about a pound and was in the hospital for three months.) She's apparently part Kryptonian however, because she not only has nothing wrong with her as a result of it, but quickly developed beyond the expected curve. That and she has x-ray vision that can find even the most well hidden tasty snacks. It kills me to have to be away from her all the time, but she always has a big smile for her dad whenever I do finally get to back and see her.

D'awww she's adorable and that's awesome man! That smile at the end of the day does make everything fine and dandy, I find.

It occurs to me that I should maybe post one or two of my own lil' boy:

I took this the week before last with my lovely wifey and the monkey.

This one's a little older, but it's cute so why not?

I love being a dad.