OCR02628 - Solstice "Kastle Rock"

djpretzel

Man I love this remix. I heard it on PoD's youtube channel a while ago and hoped it'd get posted here someday!

I like how the song feels like this is what the composer aimed for with the original. I hope he gets to hear it!

The rocking mood is very cool and the synth leads are awesome. If I were to be very nitpicky I'd say the orchestral instruments are a bit too wet, but who cares, the mix is ridiculously awesome anyway!

I feel the same way I felt when I first heard this waaay back on DoD. It's really well produced, really impressive performances and fantastic sounds, but it lacks a hook that really drags me in. It's probably the source (since this is a really conservative mix), it seems like a thrill ride while I'm listening and it's really enjoyable, just not a lot memorable to cling onto after the listen is over. Don't suppose it hurts to keep listening to refresh the memory, though. :-)

• 3 weeks later...

Oh hey, I remember hearing before it got posted here and I never knew what it was from. Cool. Very rocking and has a certain type of energy to it that keeps it going. I love the little switches made like at 2:08 and right afterwards. Not bad.

• 2 years later...

This is a great “introduction” rock track of sorts. It’s very fun, but still manages to retain that hard edge to it. The actual introduction to this remix seems a little too quiet for me, but the rest of the track works so well, that one weak point like that won’t ruin the track for me.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02628 - Solstice "Kastle Rock"