PRC241 - Results Time - Final Power Seeking (Final Fantasy XII)

Bundeslang

The People's Remix Competition 241

PRCv10-07

Hello everyone and welcome to the People's Remix Competition!

Last round FreakyT and DrumJ8 competed against each other again. After some ties in the last rounds FreakyT managed to beat DrumJ8 this time, but only with one point difference.

Hey there,

I always thought the music for Final Fantasy XII was pretty underwhelming, except for two tracks: the game over theme (which has already been OCRemixed) and "Seeking Power", which as far as I can tell hasn't been remixed yet.

Therefore, my selection is "Seeking Power" from Final Fantasy XII.

MIDI link: http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/sony/ps2/SeekingPower.mid

Thanks!

--FreakyT

PRC241.jpg

Source: Final Fantasy 12 (PS2) - Seeking Power

MIDI

Wiki

ThaSauce link: Click here to submit.

GOOD LUCK!

PRC instructions

1. Limitations at ThaSauce require your entry to be 20 MB or less in size. Length for length's sake and MIDI rips are not allowed (only as Bonus Mixes). If anyone has problems with uploading songs to ThaSauce let me know (in this thread) and post a download link to your song in this thread (so I can upload it to ThaSauce).
  2. Entries must be posted in the ThaSauce link by MONDAY April 1st 2013 at 10:59 am ThaSauce time: check my signature (below) or the ThaSauce page for the exact time left.
  3. You may enter as many mixes as you like and work with as many people as you like on each mix. You are free to create a second ThaSauce account for that, it's needed to be able to upload a second remix. You can post it in the thread if that doesn't work.
  4. Do not make qualitative comments on an entry until the results of the vote have been posted.
  5. Mixers cannot vote for themselves but if they vote they recieve a free first place vote added onto their score.
  6. The winner of this round may select the source for PRC242.
  7. You can find the full rules list at this page as well.

Doulifee's PRC Archives! For information about the previous contests.

PRC

Edited by Bundeslang

I don't know this track by name, hopefully I recognize it once I have a listen .. My favorite track was Lowtown. I remember reading somewhere that someone hated the Lowtown theme so much that they hated going down there .. but it's pretty much the only track from that game that was memorable for me.

Welcome to the voting stage

The mixing stage is over. This round has 5 songs. To vote, do the following:

- Visit the stated ThaSauce Page and listen to all the entries

- Scroll to the form at the bottom of the screen.

- Fill in the rank of the entries from first to third.

- State a reasoning for it.

- Participants are encouraged to vote and leave feedback. However, they may not vote for themselve. They get a free first place bonus if they vote, so it is attractive to vote. Non participants are also encouraged to vote and leave comments.

Last round winner, FreakyT, has a vote that counts twice.

You have until THIS Wednesday, April 3rd at 10:59 am ThaSauce time to vote (which is exactly 2 days from now), check my signature in the first post or simply the ThaSauce page for the exact time you have.

The winner gets the right to choose the source tune for PRC242.

The songs:

Check the ThaSauce Page:

Welcome to the voting stage

The mixing stage is over. This round has 5 songs. To vote, do the following:

- Visit the stated ThaSauce Page and listen to all the entries

- Scroll to the form at the bottom of the screen.

- Fill in the rank of the entries from first to third.

- State a reasoning for it.

- Participants are encouraged to vote and leave feedback. However, they may not vote for themselve. They get a free first place bonus if they vote, so it is attractive to vote. Non participants are also encouraged to vote and leave comments.

Last round winner, FreakyT, has a vote that counts twice.

You have until THIS Wednesday, April 3rd at 10:59 am ThaSauce time to vote (which is exactly 2 days from now), check my signature in the first post or simply the ThaSauce page for the exact time you have.

The winner gets the right to choose the source tune for PRC242.

The songs:

Check the ThaSauce Page:

The prize to these competitions is a vote that counts twice in the next competition? :P

deng it I forgot to listen and vote .. about an hour left and I'm at work so I won't make it :-|

Nice turnout though :-D

Also regarding the FFXII soundtrack, I didn't mean to imply that I didn't like the music, but that it wasn't memorable for me in a literal sense .. If I tried to think of the music right now, I can only think of Lowtown, and Seeking Power, cuz of this competition hehe .. Although, maybe that's more of a testament to my decreasingly bad memory ..

It's results time.

Total number of mixes - 5

Total number of votes - 4

Maximum Score - 15.

DrumJ8 has won several PRC's and was close to win the previous PRC as well, but this time he ends with nothing except the last place wooden spoon.

Yami collected 2 points, just enough to claim fourth place

Marcusg did a good song, but it did not have enough power to win. His 8 points are worth a third place

V___ created a nice (and for PRC terms long) song, bringing him at the second place with 9 points.

And Esperado wins PRC241 with 14 points.

Congratulations Esperado with winning your first PRC (if I'm correct). Your effort paid off and you can not only be proud about the song, you can also be proud of the fact that you have won this round. It is a well deserved win.

Esperado, you may select the source for the next round. Send your source to me (with a MID/MP3 file, otherwise send a second source with a MID file) by PM, other options are PM me @ ThaSauce or by e-mailing to bambombim@gmail.com (I prefer a PM @Ocremix).

You may select any source from any game, as long as it doesn't have an Overclocked Remix and it hasn't been on PRC before. Check it at the list:

http://sites.google.com/site/bambombim/prc

http://bambombim.googlepages.com/PRCRemixList.doc (also downloadable via the link above).

Send your source as fast as you can, but before this Friday, 5th of April 2013.

You can find the votes with comments here:

http://compo.thasauce.net/votes/index/PRC241