What a Deal!

DarkeSword

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=7835033&sku=B69-0824

This seems like a pretty ridiculous deal - $280 with the rebate? I don't NEED to upgrade my tower, but at this price I am seriously considering it. I could probably re-sell the computer I have now for about $200, and it's only a 4 core with 8GB DDR2.

Would really love some experts' opinions on this before I pull the trigger.

Once I finish up a few things I am working on I am pulling the trigger for my long awaited studio PC upgrade. That 2.7ghz isnt a great deal. The max RAM is only 8GB. I made my studio pc in 2006 with a 2.4Ghz quad core with the max of 4GB RAM so what BS is suggesting is more along the lines of a decent upgrade.

Then again it's probably best to do whatever Bstrades says. 8-)

Man you wanna sell me a free code for $30, why didn't you want to play the game though? I WANNA Know, is there something about the game you don't like? Is it not your type of game? You must be able to play it if you just got a new graphics card. o_o

edit: Can I haggle you down to $25 CASH! plus throw in 2 album song previews from albums of your choice? (my songs only of course)

*doesn't make a lot of money, likes to haggle*

edit2: I figure the song preview thing doesn't sound like a good deal if you don't like my muzaks :<

Edited by Brandon Strader

It's GOG again, but this deal could be pretty attractive to people who've been looking into these games:

D&D Dynamo Stacking Promo

The more of the games you are purchasing or already own, the bigger the discount. It pans out such that if you're getting half of the games or more, it's likely cheaper (!!) to get all of them.

Man you wanna sell me a free code for $30, why didn't you want to play the game though? I WANNA Know, is there something about the game you don't like? Is it not your type of game? You must be able to play it if you just got a new graphics card. o_o

edit: Can I haggle you down to $25 CASH! plus throw in 2 album song previews from albums of your choice? (my songs only of course)

*doesn't make a lot of money, likes to haggle*

edit2: I figure the song preview thing doesn't sound like a good deal if you don't like my muzaks :<

$25 is fine, but I think I'll have to actually to put a hold on my offer...I need to make sure my graphics card isn't DOA before I redeem the code, but it's looking like I'll need to upgrade my motherboard (and CPU and RAM) to handle the sheer manliness of the 7870 LE.

As far as why I'd want to sell it in the first place, I hear it's a great game, I just know I'll be able to buy it for $10 or less during the winter sale or something. Your music is enjoyable enough, but yeah, it wouldn't really influence the negotiation. :P

Same goes for Bioshock Infinite. If anyone wants it for $35 and can wait a week or two, let me know.

Ah cool no problem man, but if it drops to that price or lower by the time you're set.... I'mma leap! Like a leopard! ;-)

And if you haven't played BioShock Infinite, you totally should. Easily the best game this year, the best I've played in a LONG time. Someone should buy that off of you if you want to buy it cheap. :-P It's worth playing sooner than later imo.

https://promo.comixology.com/

"Sign up today to get access to the Marvel #1 promotion and more!

• Over 700 Marvel comics that you can read anywhere—on your computer or compatible mobile device—available for free for a limited time
  • Exclusive comic book offers, special sales, and new release emails
  • Access to over 30,000 digital comics powered by Guided View™ technology"

700 #1 comics for free if you sign up before tomorrow night. Darkesword would definitely approve of this one.

Ha! Actually not a great deal, IMO, because it's all #1s. You're not getting full-story arcs, just the first issues of Marvel series and mini-series. It's their way of getting you hooked into the stories so that you'll buy the other issues in whatever story-arc you're interested in. And a lot of Marvel's recent books are overpriced, IMO.

$25 is fine, but I think I'll have to actually to put a hold on my offer...I need to make sure my graphics card isn't DOA before I redeem the code, but it's looking like I'll need to upgrade my motherboard (and CPU and RAM) to handle the sheer manliness of the 7870 LE.

As far as why I'd want to sell it in the first place, I hear it's a great game, I just know I'll be able to buy it for $10 or less during the winter sale or something. Your music is enjoyable enough, but yeah, it wouldn't really influence the negotiation. :P

Same goes for Bioshock Infinite. If anyone wants it for $35 and can wait a week or two, let me know.

for which system is bioshock ?

Mine would be a Steam key for the PC version.

Speaking of Steam keys for PC versions :-D

72813_10151414002148445_2032769976_n.jpg

ERMAGERD

Fun game! And I can run it pretty smoothly on Ultimate! (which is above Ultra!)

Thanks Dhsu :-D

This game is hitting the uncanny valley though tbh, you can't tell so much from this screenshot, but seeing it in action, yeowza

This game is hitting the uncanny valley though tbh, you can't tell so much from this screenshot, but seeing it in action, yeowza

really? i thought it was pretty good all in all. some of their faces were slightly off but jonas especially was pretty solid. and the movements themselves were good.

faces are hard to get right but they got lara's down pat. i guess i see it now that you say that but when i played it it was never more than a passing 'that mouth looks slightly funny' type deal

very fun game though.