What a Deal!

DarkeSword

This is an OFFICIAL Skype promotion that basically gives a free year of Skype Premium.

That means:

NO ads, free group video calls, and free group screen sharing.

http://collaboration.skype.com/promotion/

It took me about a week to get my code emailed to me so I think they're doing it in spurts. I punched in three emails and got codes for each email. The email you use does NOT have to be the email your Skype account is registered with. I don't believe you need to sign up for the newsletter either.

Your voucher or prepaid card was successfully redeemed, and we are now activating the following services:

$107.88 Skype Premium

Edit: I also just checked to see if they turn on some silly renewal setting and they don't. If you want to double check yourself this link will take you to your Skype premium settings: https://secure.skype.com/account/call-phones/settings?package=sp-package

Edited by kitty

This is an OFFICIAL Skype promotion that basically gives a free year of Skype Pro.

That means:

NO ads, free group video calls, and free group screen sharing.

http://collaboration.skype.com/promotion/

It took me about a week to get my code emailed to me so I think they're doing it in spurts. I punched in three emails and got codes for each email. The email you use does NOT have to be the email your Skype account is registered with. I don't believe you need to sign up for the newsletter either.

Edit: I also just checked to see if they turn on some silly renewal setting and they don't. If you want to double check yourself this link will take you to your Skype premium settings: https://secure.skype.com/account/call-phones/settings?package=sp-package

wow. This is REAL

Picked up Skullgirls at Green Man Gaming for $6 and Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara for $3 with the voucher. They got some other stuff too, like Ducktales Remastered for $4.80 after voucher. Also Left 4 Dead 2 is free on Steam for a little while, believe up to 10am PST, just go to the games page and get it.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw some used copies of Metroid Prime Trilogy at Gamestop for like $43 each, but even better than that, I got them to special order for me LEGEND OF HEROES: TEAR OF VERMILLION for $2.99 and no extra charge.

Not sure why everyone hates Gamestop all the time. I've never gotten anything but decency at least out of them.

I saw some used copies of Metroid Prime Trilogy at Gamestop for like $43 each, but even better than that, I got them to special order for me LEGEND OF HEROES: TEAR OF VERMILLION for $2.99 and no extra charge.

Not sure why everyone hates Gamestop all the time. I've never gotten anything but decency at least out of them.

the reason is that those 'used' copies were never used - they were printed for gamestop exclusively as part of a merchandising deal with nintendo. gamestop took them all out of cases, said 'oh it's used now we don't have to charge the MSRP' and tried to sell them for 80.00. Then everyone found out, nobody bought them, and like every store has a few copies left over they're trying to get rid of. and any employee who you ask about it says that 'they found a bunch of old copies in storage somewhere at gamestop hq.' despite the fact they're printed on new boxes, which weren't used when trilogy originally came out

not sure i'd call that decency

the reason is that those 'used' copies were never used - they were printed for gamestop exclusively as part of a merchandising deal with nintendo. gamestop took them all out of cases, said 'oh it's used now we don't have to charge the MSRP' and tried to sell them for 80.00. Then everyone found out, nobody bought them, and like every store has a few copies left over they're trying to get rid of. and any employee who you ask about it says that 'they found a bunch of old copies in storage somewhere at gamestop hq.' despite the fact they're printed on new boxes, which weren't used when trilogy originally came out

They were 90 bucks when they first showed up. Also copies of Pokemon HG/SS are 52. Which is way higher than the original price of 40 bucks. No one seems to have noticed that.

I remember that (though I did forget about it for a time), but a lot of big name stores pull stunts like that all the time, some known and some not, and I very much believe the reason it's particularly sore for Gamestop is because people were hot on hating it well before that.

I still say they get more shit than they deserve.

I remember that (though I did forget about it for a time), but a lot of big name stores pull stunts like that all the time, some known and some not, and I very much believe the reason it's particularly sore for Gamestop is because people were hot on hating it well before that.

I still say they get more shit than they deserve.

what other big-name game stores are there anymore other than Gamestop? what other store that sell games period try to sell used games at a premium when they're less than a generation old? supply and demand is one thing but (technically) defacing new merchandise in order to sell it for more money is incredibly shady and clearly dishonest, if not downright illegal.

the reason people don't like gamestop is because a) they do things like this and B) their ideal strategy is to have everyone buy used games, and to manipulate customers into doing this even when it's not their intent. customer service is secondary to store policy. i can't think of another box store in any industry outside of the car industry where that type of practice happens.

the reason people don't like gamestop is because a) they do things like this and B) their ideal strategy is to have everyone buy used games, and to manipulate customers into doing this even when it's not their intent. customer service is secondary to store policy. i can't think of another box store in any industry outside of the car industry where that type of practice happens.

Yet any time someone brings a new copy of a game to me, I ask them if they want the used copy, they tell me no, and then I sell them the new copy.

Customer service is actually a huge deal for Gamestamp. I saw a guy that had spectacular numbers get fired on the spot for trying too hard to push the used merch. Customer service never takes a backseat to store policy.

Yet any time someone brings a new copy of a game to me, I ask them if they want the used copy, they tell me no, and then I sell them the new copy.

Customer service is actually a huge deal for Gamestamp. I saw a guy that had spectacular numbers get fired on the spot for trying too hard to push the used merch. Customer service never takes a backseat to store policy.

I back this statement, personally. I have had experiences in 4 separate Gamestops here in SE Michigan and I can not think of a single time I left a store upset. They always ask me if I want them to call their neighboring stores if they don't have a game I am searching for (Recent memory, Final Fantasy Thearerhythm), and always greet me when I walk in, even if they have large lines.

I saw a guy that had spectacular numbers get fired on the spot for trying too hard to push the used merch.

In this economy? ouch. They should have given the guy a raise. Then again, how hard did he push the used merch? Hard enough to deserve being fired? I kinda doubt it. Selling the used one is in the company's best interests isn't it.