What a Deal!

DarkeSword

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I bought 8BitBoy and Crimsonland from the Steam summer sale. 8BitBoy felt all right as a retro platformer, it was given high props on the Finnish game magazine Pelit and seems definitely worth the sale price and more. Crimsonland is a classic WASD+mouse arena shooter, I haven't tried the remastered new version yet, but the old one was really good - endless waves of different enemies, picking perks to improve your guy and trying to survive as long as you could. Really good stuff. Looking forward to playing the new version.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

Man, it's really been a while since the last post in this thread.

I wonder if some of the hardcore sentai fans here (ping DarkeSword, Arrow) know about Chroma Squad? It's a tactical squad management game about "five stunt actors who decide to quit their jobs and start their own Power Rangers-inspired TV show". It's less than 10 bucks on Indie Gamestand (steam key included) and I'm getting it, more for the genre (the reviews are positive too), but the premise sounds fun even from outside of the fandom.

https://indiegamestand.com/store/989/chroma-squad/

• 5 weeks later...

if you want an xbox one, there's a sale on thanksgiving starting at 6pm that dell's doing where you get an xbone 500gb, the Gears of War collection, an extra controller, and Fallout 4, for 300$. the gow xbox bundle normally costs 350, so this is 50$ off plus about 100$ worth of stuff. i'll be buying that. i'm playing fo4 on pc already, so i don't really need that for the box, but i can sell it for cash for close to what it's worth in-stores. it'd be worth it even without that game, honestly.

also, it's online only, so no stores required.

gonna need to find copies of the master chief collection and halo 5 now.