What do you listen with?

I'd like to know what you guys use day to day when it comes to music, movies, whenever. Searched a bit for a similar thread, didn't see one.

My headphones, as beat up as they are(by me). I've pretty much taken them everywhere, but they stay home now:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826262102&Tpk=rx700&IsVirtualParent=1

They usually are my go-to as to not bug anyone.

Regular speakers, located in my room (just use TV speakers in living room, which have a lack of any bass and not very there mids, treble's fine)):

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882290224 - mishmashed together with a random Zenith subwoofer I bought at Goodwill for $5` (whatever system it was from). Woofer actually sounds decent, even though I Frankensteined it in (no dedicated sub out). Receiver is a bit old, no idea what brand, but it works alright.

Oh, and before anyone says ears, I will.

EDIT: Yup, still love my HA-RX700's, in all their massive plastic-ness. I should see about getting another pair (duct tape holds the drivers on the band right now, still sounds as good as ever).

Edited by GravitySuitCollector

Ears.

I listen with the brand new Apple earplugs.

Unfortunately, I must admit that they are as good as 100 dollar headphones.

Pretty darn sad, for a simple white Apple product.

Huge jump from the crappy ones before these, though. The frequency range on these things are actually really good.

And then for my speakers, I've got M-AUDIO speakers.

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-RS120-Over-Ear-Wireless-Headphones/dp/B0001FTVEK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8

This. For everything.

Even mixing and mastering. VERY good for monitoring, especially live drums.

I have other sets and studio monitors I also reference with before finishing something important. But these are a 99% usage thing.

41Mr-mEf2rL._SX300_.jpg

They were $60 when I got them. Price has gone up. There used to be a noice double-set of wireless headphones for like $40. I try to keep an eye out because I want those, but I haven't seen them in a while.

People brush me off because a lot of the stuff I use is REALLY affordable, like under $20, for a lot of the sets of headphones, but they serve a purpose and between everything I monitor with (including my car) I can get a really accurate view of what the songs sound like on a number of different audio systems. That's the real key, moreso than spending $300 on a set of "miracle headphones". :-P No offense to people who swear by miracle headphones. :-P

http://www.amazon.com/Superlux-HD668B-Dynamic-Semi-Open-Headphones/dp/B003JOETX8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1363938492&sr=8-2&keywords=superlux

These sound pretty darn good, I just grabbed them today, I grabbed their cheaper headphones awhile back and I loved them. The treble was BLEEDING sharp, but I almost liked it. The treble is toned down in these newer ones. Use an equalizer and the $35 headphones go along way. I grabbed these more expensive ones because my older pair was shorting out, and the more expensive ones let me swap cords when my cord shorts out. The only weird thing is you need a female to male cord, instead of the usual male to male.

Grado SR-60i for $80. I transitioned from a Sony MDR-7502 (terrible) to Sennheiser HD201 (returned it) to Shure SRH240A (oddly ambient and lacks some bass and a bit of treble), and I finally settled on the Grado SR-60i, which had clearer bass, crisper treble, and really distinguishable mids.

Then I have skullcandies for a general check to make sure a song sounds good enough on cheap listener earphones. Shures are an alternate check for ambience.

I used to love my pair of Sennheiser PX100s, until I loaned them to a friend and got them back blown out and with some added duct tape...

These days I go for convenience over sound quality and use a pair of Motorola HT 820 bluetooth headphones. I've had these things for around 6 years at this point and can still get a full days charge out of them. Plus they very easily go from my computer to phone, and I can even take calls on them. They are a little bulky and ugly as sin, but they get the job done.

Whenever i can i plug in these bad boys.

The Sony MDR-XD200

sony_mdr_xd200.jpg

I somehow found these for under 20 bucks which i now only find these for 40-60 bucks now, amazing how i found them so cheap.

The downsides are it is a 3 meter long cable and the headphones are ridiculously huge.

but they are amazing so the downsides dont even matter.

I used to love my pair of Sennheiser PX100s, until I loaned them to a friend and got them back blown out and with some added duct tape...

I've used the Sennheiser PX series for close to eight years now; pretty sure I've owned every single variant and I still love them.

how about sound cards

I've been curious about getting a dedicated sound card but wouldn't know where to start

I use either the speakers on my laptop or some $10 pair of earbuds I have.

I'm not too picky about how it sounds, honestly. :D

Yeah, I use my laptop speakers when I'm not using the headphones, too. I know it means I miss out on the super low freq stuff, but unless I'm in hardcore music listening mode, it's good enough for me.

i LOVE listening to music, and i also love speakers and headphones and other gadgets. i am constantly trying new things for different situations.

when i'm in my studio/man cave, i listen through a pair of event 20/20s and a krk 10s subwoofer which is my recording/mixing setup, or through a 5.1 setup using a yamaha receiver and klipsch floor speakers, surround and center speakers, and subwoofer for gaming and movies

when i'm in my bedroom and just want to chill with some music, i'll use a pair of sennheiser headphones into a fiio dac and headphone amp.

when i am running, i'll use a pair of sennheiser bluetooth headphones and my galaxy s2

when i'm on the road and outside noise is an issue, i'll take my new earsonics in-ears and a portable fiio headphone amp

Edited by Sixto

when i'm in my bedroom and just want to chill with some music, i'll use a pair of sennheiser headphones into a fiio dac and headphone amp.

I've got the little brother to those headphones, the Sennheiser HD598 model, which are fantastic and significantly cheaper. If I'm going to listen I plug those babies in, but if I'm just want some more-or-less "background music," I just play off my laptop speakers because that's all I have otherwise (one day I will correct this egregious fault of mine, however).

Whenever i can i plug in these bad boys.

The Sony MDR-XD200

sony_mdr_xd200.jpg

I somehow found these for under 20 bucks which i now only find these for 40-60 bucks now, amazing how i found them so cheap.

The downsides are it is a 3 meter long cable and the headphones are ridiculously huge.

but they are amazing so the downsides dont even matter.

you can mod the cord if you have some soldering knowhow. my mdrv6's had a ridiculous cord that eventually wore out, so instead of tossing them, i just cut off the cord and put in a headphone jack on the base of the earcup, works pretty spiffy.