newbie asks for german remix guide

Ion-Fan

Hi i'm new in the game-remix scene and want to remix some songs of my preferred games. But the problem is i don't know how and if i had the right equipment for that.

Another problem is that i would prefer a german guide because i can understand german better and then it would be a little more fun.

So does anybody here knows a german equal to this(very goood site) preferably with a german remix-guide...

By the way i planned to use magix music maker 2006 deluxe to do that job. Which material do i need from my favourite game (command and conquer) and how or where can i get it?

Greetz Ion-FAn

I'm not sure about any German sites. But you'd probably be better off checking out the ReMixing forum here anyway to get answers to the questions for that. You write english well enough that I think you'd be fine reading the topics there.

http://www.ocremix.org/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=7

Check the Stickied threads. If you can't get the answers, then searching on Google would probably be a good idea.

See, I hate it when people do this. Is it pure laziness? Are you just trying to be a jerk?

It's supposedly "witty", the "in thing" to do when someone asks a common question on a forum. Unfortunately a lot of people are unable to determine an appropriate time for a such a thing, which as a result cheapens the entire idea.

Hi i'm new in the game-remix scene and want to remix some songs of my preferred games. But the problem is i don't know how and if i had the right equipment for that.

You can find all this here in the sticky topics. If English is not your strongest point, translation would be an option; learning English would be better. There's simply a wealth of material available in English which is impossible to translate correctly that fast.

I'm Dutch. A Dutch remix guide would be nice, too, but since the language isn't really that popular I'll have to improve my English.

Another problem is that i would prefer a german guide because i can understand german better and then it would be a little more fun.

In that case I wouldn't look here but on generic German music production forums.

So does anybody here knows a german equal to this(very goood site) preferably with a german remix-guide...

Please start with this: forget the idea that there's somehow special knowledge or equipment needed to make remixes as opposed to any other kind of music.

Yes, certain equipment will help you to achieve a certain goal faster. Certain instruments are not used in certain kinds of music. Remixing however as a 'style' is not unique or radically different. So, if you visit such a music production forum, don't say you want to remix (nobody understands this unless they're familiar with this site) - say you have x euros, you currently have a computer and software package y, can you recommend something that's good for making sound z.

That'll work a lot better.

You might check out http://forum.keyboards.de/forum.html (currently down), or http://www.synthesizerforum.de/synthesizer/index.php (specific for (vintage) synthesizers).

By the way i planned to use magix music maker 2006 deluxe to do that job.

As you might've noticed most people use something other than that, mainly because Magix Music Maker is a connect-the-dots play-with-Lego kind of application that will not allow you the freedom other sequencers do.

Which material do i need from my favourite game (command and conquer)

Just listen.

A remix of a NES song with realistic instruments doesn't use any "material" from the original song; you listen to the melody and then play it again on guitar, piano, or whatever.

and how or where can i get it?

What's your budget?

See, I hate it when people do this. Is it pure laziness?

I don't get this. If someone asked the same question but omitted that they wanted the information in English, people'd be screaming "READ THE STICKY TOPICS" (and rightfully so - or not?).

Are you just trying to be a jerk?

Trying? Yeah, probably, but it was a weak try. Something like "Yeah, go to http://www.ocremix.de/wiemacheicheinremixaufdeutsch.pdf " would've scored higher on the asshole scale, plus a modifier bonus because of creativity ;).

Sometimes people like to, oh I don't know, communicate with other real people and get their opinions.

Sometimes people like to, oh.. I don't know. See someone else do the same effort they have done in order to get to know something ;).

After all, OCRemix is quite meritocratic; it's what you achieve that determines your status. Heralded remixers most likely wouldn't have gotten far if they substituted forums for search engines. It's also not like they were born with the silver spoon of remixing knowledge in their mouths :D.

ok thx for the (at least partially) informing posts. I decided to look at keyboards-forum(when its aviable)and after that I will force myself to read through the english material. For me it seems that the german remix-community isn't so public at the moment. :cry:

I just requested some german links because then it is a little bit easier for me to get into that remix-material.

About magix music maker: i've heard often that magix music maker is a point and click adventure, but i think when you know the function of the integrated synthesizers (robotica, etc..) you can do profesional remixing(at the moment i'm a beginner in using magix)

if you think otherwise please tell me, because then i don't begin to work into that program...

If that depends on the music style i want to mix: I preferred the more trance/happy hardcore (or piano tekkno) style. I think some of Bart Klepkas remixes are that way(one of my favourite remix is streets of last ninja :P ).

I thought of having a midi-keyboard connected with the pc and then playing some very good melodics.(good trance has not just beats, it has also good melodies)

then combining with some good beats and synths.

I also like the remix f-zero silent progression from jigginjont; you can see that my music taste(musikgeschmack?) isn't that limited on one style . I love the sound of pianos.....

I have to dissapoint you with german tutorials. Germany is pretty much in a "child" level if it goes to remixing. It's all handled as "mega-secret-thingy-dingy" rather than helpful articles.I'm also slowly thinking of stop reading Keys and Keyboards germany. The stuff that's in there is 90% outdated if you know the right places to look for news, the bonus material on CD not really great compared to british or even US magazines (Computer Music, Future Music, Sound on Sound, etc) and the tuturals only give "hints" rather than good knowledge.

Also... I'd go away from the Keyboards (Germany) board. It's not really structured and can get confusing for longer threads. Keys is fairly new in that issue however, but like I said... I was dissapointed by the last couple of issues.

So I guess that really only leaves the major communities like OCR, VGMix and KWED. KWED has a couple of german mixers, but most of them stuffed with work and the communication is like OCR too: english. So i can only agree to what yoozer said. Browse through our tutorials, some stickies and follow the hints we give to "old threads" from time to time, that's a really good start.

We can't help you in terms of "what is the right tool for me". Musicmaker might be a good start, but for serious productions I'd totally go away from it and get another "budget level" tool like Arturia Storm, Reason, Fruity Loops... the usual stuff. Most of the tools on the marked nowadays offer a good basis for every type of genre, so it's not "what tool you have", it's more like "how can you let your tools sound like you want it to sound like". So it's totally up to you.

I guess we can't help you that much rather than to say "read manuals and follow the stickies". Then try some stuff, post it in WIP/Remix or WIP/Other, if you have questions come back in here and ask again. That's it.

If you really need help in german though, I can try to help but don't expect much. German treads are hijacked with pleasure and I'm not one of those who can be there 24/7 nor am I "the pool of wisdom" if it's outside the sections I'm usually hover around.