Phoenix Wright: Cornered Winds

Xyless

http://tinyurl.com/d5bvsp6

Another composer (194) and I have been working on a relaxed/ambient rendition of the famous Cornered song from the Ace Attorney series. We're having difficulty deciding whether we should add more to the song or leave it at its simplest. This started as an accident, where I was trying to make an original melody with pan pipes, and realized that I had made the first few measures of Cornered, but slowed down. We couldn't let the concept go, and spent a month or so developing it to where it is now.

EDIT: Obviously based on this -

o6b2uPP.gif

Please give a critique, we highly value your opinions.

Edited by Xyless

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting--didn't expect the slower pace for that song. But it's pulled off well, and sounds very pretty. Nice arrangement overall.

I will say it's very conservative, though. I'd recommend throwing in some kind of instrument feature, either for your flute or your guitar. If you're getting someone to do the guitar part, this might be a good chance to let them do a little improv.

So yes, I'd recommend adding some more original content. It sounds good overall, but it's not quite up to the acceptable remix ratio.