Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Global-Trance

At first I thought that was Psyco Mantis, but then I saw the interview with kojima and you see this http://i.imgur.com/u8kdEJJ.jpg and at that point I thought it was a woman.. but looking at it again I think it's a man, and maybe this is how psychomantis gets all ugly looking?

You know, I was thinking about who the disfigured man might be from the Ground Zeroes trailer. That may well be Coldman.

Having recently finished peace walker thats also what I was thinking... but due to the end of peace walker, I think it's safe to say it's not him. but then again who knows

If Foxhound has been established by this point, thanks to Big Boss' and Campbell's investment at the end of Portable Ops then shouldn't Psycho Mantis and crew be on BB's side?

Also out of curiosity remind me. FOX was Major Zero's old unit from the virtuous mission yeah? Think that means that FOX will actually be the bad guys in this one and BB will run whatever XOF is?

If Foxhound has been established by this point, thanks to Big Boss' and Campbell's investment at the end of Portable Ops then shouldn't Psycho Mantis and crew be on BB's side?

Psycho Mantis et al. weren't known to be a part of FOXHOUND until it was led by Liquid Snake, which wasn't until after Solid Snake had been a part of, and subsequently, left the group. If we assume that Ground Zeroes happens shortly after Peace Walker, and MGSV is nine years directly following that, then it takes place in 1983, which is still twelve years before Solid Snake joins FOXHOUND.

However, considering the unknown elements, this should all be taken with a grain of salt.

Well from what I gather, BB's new faction is the Diamond Dogs, not FOXHOUND, also do we really know all that much about psycho before he was in FOXHOUND? I'd still like to think that it's him cause that would be amazing.

I also though that XOF was supposed to be the antagonist's group.

Edit: I also forgot to mention that I am balls to the walls excited about this. Huge HUGE fan of the MGS series (actually just played through MGS 1,2,3,4, Portable Ops, PeaceWalker) within the last few months to get me back up to speed :D

Edited by DJ SymBiotiX

Well from what I gather, BB's new faction is the Diamond Dogs, not FOXHOUND, also do we really know all that much about psycho before he was in FOXHOUND? I'd still like to think that it's him cause that would be amazing.

I also though that XOF was supposed to be the antagonist's group.

Edit: I also forgot to mention that I am balls to the walls excited about this. Huge HUGE fan of the MGS series (actually just played through MGS 1,2,3,4, Portable Ops, PeaceWalker) within the last few months to get me back up to speed :D

Yeah but this is Kojima, I feel he may try and trick us.

Besides if memory serves Fox was Zero's unit for sure and XOF was the unit the burned and scarred dude with the grey skin was pretending to be from.

Besides BB is leader of the Diamond Dogs now...if anything there's three factions and seeing how this is an open world game supposedly....

Potentially they may let you side with either faction?

• 1 year later...