oh boy, another Corridors of Time remix

Argle

I hope this isn't the final intro :-P

There is an off-key or bad sounding note at 0:04 (and it repeats every time...).

I don't think the drums are too loud (well, maybe a bit), but the lead is too quiet. The lead synth is very cool by the way.

This sounds very good, clean production. If anything, I wonder how you plan on making a full fledged song from this :razz:

I have no idea how I would continue this track without making it sound like one of the myriad of other Zeal mixes. Every time I think I have an idea, I realize X person already did it.

Violin would be cool. No wait, po already did that.

Chiptunes? Nah, Gario already did a masterful job at that.

Electric lead guitar would be sweet. No no, that would put people in mind of Zealous Entropy.

As it is, the track already veers kinda close to Avaris' excellent take.

So yeah, I dunno.

Oh and yea, I screwed up the bass and chords, so it definitely sounds off. :oops:

Well I'm not familiar with the source, but I think your wip sounds great! The lead is definitely too quiet and tame though. If this were my wip, I would layer that electric guitar lead with something else, at least one other thing, to make it really shine. Give it some nice delay too. And when the lead returns after a break, use a different lead (or layer) to vary things up. I think you should continue, who cares if it has been "done before" or whatever? Do what you feel like doing!

Haha, I know the project feeling, bro.

Here's a suggestion on this track, though - if you don't know what to include without sounding like other people, why not try adding everything in all at once, making it an ultra-blend of sorts? Violin/chiptune/electric lead guitar/Avaris combo would end up sounding ironically unique.

Also, thanks for the Zeal Feels Good love - always nice to hear. ;)

• 4 months later...
I really like this. The soundscape is very reminiscent of the original, but it's still unique. I love the percussion too. Kudos.

Thanks bud.

On a side note, I'm wondering if there's any other sites where you can get your game remixes to listeners. I've come to the conclusion that the OCR experience has gotten a tad depressing. This isn't really a forum for listeners, not a lot of comments going on. So you submit the track and maybe in a year or two it'll get posted. There's got to be a site that's more immediate. Problem is I don't know any. Last time I checked ThaSauce it seemed pretty dead. And thats basically all I know.

Thanks bud.

On a side note, I'm wondering if there's any other sites where you can get your game remixes to listeners. I've come to the conclusion that the OCR experience has gotten a tad depressing. This isn't really a forum for listeners, not a lot of comments going on. So you submit the track and maybe in a year or two it'll get posted. There's got to be a site that's more immediate. Problem is I don't know any. Last time I checked ThaSauce it seemed pretty dead. And thats basically all I know.

vgmix, but it's currently in beta: https://vgremix.com/

Not much going on but once it's out of beta things could get better :D

vgmix, but it's currently in beta: https://vgremix.com/

Not much going on but once it's out of beta things could get better :D

Looks like people can post songs there now. Dead as a doornail though. Probably due to the fact it's a work in progress. I wonder what the realistic ETA for the site is, given that it's been in the works for years. Man those graphics take me back, VGMix 2 is where I posted my first dreadful game remixes.