If you could change one thing in any game...

nOkbient

Hmm...I think I would have changed the ending of FF7. It just didn't close enough loops for me. I always thought that game would have been absolute perfection if they had just spent more time on the ending. [spoilers - highlight to read]I just don't care enough that Red XIII had puppies...itself a scientific impossibility, considering he was the last of his species [/spoilers]

In FFT, it'd be to make the ability-loading system be like FF9's passive ability system.

In Contra, I'd make the flamethrower better

In FF1, I'd swap the offensive stats of the fighter and thief

In Megaman 2, I'd make the Metal Blade less OP

In Megaman 3, I'd make Shadow Man not so ridiculous

In Metroid, I'd let you swap between wave and freeze beams (in the same cycle as switching to missiles).

In Super Metroid, I'd give the monsters more aggressive AI. (close second: zoom out on the view a little. I need to see more area in less detail)

In FF6, drop the esper stat-ups.

In Epic Battle Fantasy 3 and 4, I'd make them more like EBF2 by make running away harder and having longer battle sequences.

In Wizardry, I'd offer better defenses against spells to both PCs and monsters

In FFT, it'd be to make the ability-loading system be like FF9's passive ability system.

In Contra, I'd make the flamethrower better

In FF1, I'd swap the offensive stats of the fighter and thief

In Megaman 2, I'd make the Metal Blade less OP

In Megaman 3, I'd make Shadow Man not so ridiculous

In Metroid, I'd let you swap between wave and freeze beams (in the same cycle as switching to missiles).

In Super Metroid, I'd give the monsters more aggressive AI. (close second: zoom out on the view a little. I need to see more area in less detail)

In FF6, drop the esper stat-ups.

In Epic Battle Fantasy 3 and 4, I'd make them more like EBF2 by make running away harder and having longer battle sequences.

In Wizardry, I'd offer better defenses against spells to both PCs and monsters

These ones strike me as weird...might I ask why?

You shut your dirty mouth! I would have accepted "Hire people who can actually voice act for Heavy Rain", but NO!:tomatoface:

Haha, what are you talking about, the voice acting was fine!

Also I was totally on board with the story until the last quarter when I realized that the writers must have come up with all the amazing stuff from the first half without having any idea how they were going to tie it all up, and then completely failing to write satisfying endings.

Oh my god, I had completely forgotten about that! I'm so ashamed that I still have a copy of that game somewhere.

Hey you're not the only one. :) I only have my copy because one of my friends picked it up and didn't want anyone to know he had it. So he gave it to me for free. You just can't turn away from a friend in trouble you know?

I can't give any of my Final Fantasy games away. Unless you are talking about FFXIII. I couldn't run that one back to the store fast enough.

No I think they meant this about FFX-2

Well yeah, the terrible minigames were one of the things that needed to go. Half of that game was minigames, so it's another JRPG guilty of padding with crap material to extend gametime. They just weren't fun, and since I'm horrible at math, Sphere Break was painful.

My biggest beef is that the characters underwent magical girl transformations from looking at old videos from when Zanarkand wasn't rubble the main theme of the game. Like this is literally the main plot device, on par with FF8's "GFs ate my brain so I forgot everything" crap. Oh-so magical transformations that suddenly Yuna sings beautifully while wearing the dress that a pop singer from a thousand years ago wore, because watching those old spheres imbues people the power of MEMORIES. Except if that was the case then probably a lot more people would've known the truth abouth the Bevelle/Zanarkand war and why the whole Yevon thing was a crock. Man I can rant about the stupidity of FFX-2 and it's failings for pages.

But I won't. Instead I will show you the part of the game that failed the most: http://youtu.be/Fu7FEBklnYo?t=3m23s