If you could change one thing in any game...

nOkbient

Well yeah, the terrible minigames were one of the things that needed to go. Half of that game was minigames, so it's another JRPG guilty of padding with crap material to extend gametime. They just weren't fun, and since I'm horrible at math, Sphere Break was painful.

My biggest beef is that the characters underwent magical girl transformations from looking at old videos from when Zanarkand wasn't rubble the main theme of the game. Like this is literally the main plot device, on par with FF8's "GFs ate my brain so I forgot everything" crap. Oh-so magical transformations that suddenly Yuna sings beautifully while wearing the dress that a pop singer from a thousand years ago wore, because watching those old spheres imbues people the power of MEMORIES. Except if that was the case then probably a lot more people would've known the truth abouth the Bevelle/Zanarkand war and why the whole Yevon thing was a crock. Man I can rant about the stupidity of FFX-2 and it's failings for pages.

But I won't. Instead I will show you the part of the game that failed the most: http://youtu.be/Fu7FEBklnYo?t=3m23s

....to the game's credit...

Some of the Songs were ok, I liked 1000 words.

The core battle gameplay, and the job system I felt worked well and made battles rather engaging. Sure the whole 'outfit changing' is a silly way to implement it but it played well and each job was rather unique and rewarding. Plus for some dresspheres it actually made for some interesting and funny costumes (like each character getting a different pet for Trainer or the different Mascot costumes).

Plus the Blitzball had SOME upsides...it included a lot of new features not present in X's edition such as injuries (which happened in X's plot but not in gameplay) and training mechanics for characters as well as a bigger roster. Improved visuals and new mechanics also made the game play rather fluidly also a larger roster was interesting too.

Now I loved Blitzball in X more but I didn't DISLIKE some of the managerial elements and graphical improvements added. Ideally I'd see a combination of X-2's metagame and X's direct control over the action.

Since this topic seems to be basically slander at this point.

I'd like a new 'old' Dante DMC game like instead of Dirty Dante's DmC game.

Agreed, or at least sort of agreed because the game does not look as interesting as the older DMC games so I'm not bothering to buy it. And speaking of liking old vs. new...

...Other M Samus can disappear. Bye bye. She sucks with her dramatic PTSD and daddy complex. She was a strong female character turned into a weak one. That whole game could be re-written in a way that addresses issues in Samus' past, keeps canon with the official manga, sets up Adam right to tie in with Fusion, and overall not make her this whimpering little girl that needs Commanding Officer Who Has No Jurisdiction and Big Black Guy With A Big Gun to tell her what to do.

Also cast somebody else as her voice. Like Jennifer Hale, who was the voice of Samus' little grunts in the Prime games. I don't know why somebody with no previous experience was cast for the role, but it resulted in an unlikable rendition of the character becoming even more unlikable.

I would've changed the third gen Pokemon games by making them be on the Gameboy/Gameboy Color system, so I could've played them as a child. My heart was broken when I found out they were coming out on a system I had no way of procuring - my folks were very, very strict on the "we gave you a gameboy, there's to be no other game systems in the house beyond that" rule when I was younger.

I would change Big Boss' voice back to David Hayter or Richard Doyle for MGS5.

I would raise the probability of finding chocographs in FF9.

I would change Kitase's role to Janitor for all of the games he's worked on past FF7.

I would take out the stupid flashback button during the cutscenes of MGS4.

And generically:

Dead bodies shouldn't disappear after a time.

All weapons and equipment should be visible in every cutscene.

All NPC's should be fully voiced with at least a decent acting performance.

Edited by Thin Crust

Dead bodies shouldn't disappear after a time.

You know, Streets of Rage Remake had that option, and it got kinda ridiculous, with dozens upon dozens of corpses piling up, specially on the elevator stages, to the point where I started wondering "Oh my god, I'm a mass murderer", or "Oh my god, how would the smell be like"...

If this is becoming "I would have ported", then I would have ported Terranigma to the SNES in North America. I also would've done that Tales of Vesperia PS3 North American port we were teased with and never got.

Agree with Terranigma. In the same thought pattern: both Killer Instincts and Blast Corps would have been on XBox Live Arcade years ago.

Mass Effect SPOILERS:

Make the Reapers not completely forget about their obsession with Shepherd between ME2 and ME3. I mean, seriously, one Collector ship can track down him & his stealth ship, but the Reaper armada doesn't even give chase?