If you could change one thing in any game...

nOkbient

Mass Effect SPOILERS:

Make the Reapers not completely forget about their obsession with Shepherd between ME2 and ME3. I mean, seriously, one Collector ship can track down him & his stealth ship, but the Reaper armada doesn't even give chase?

Mass Effect SPOILERS:

The Normandy is agile, state-of-the-art, so it can escape pursuit. Also if you use the scanner just like twice they'll chase you down. Shepard is very mobile, so it makes sense (to me) that they can't really nab him in those massive ships of theirs.

Plus they have a galaxy-wide takedown to worry about. They can't obsess over one guy completely, but they did underestimate Shepard's influence. Remember they tried to destroy the Catalyst every cycle. They thought they succeeded each time, but organics are just a bit too clever for their VI-based intelligence.

Where I agree with you, is that Shepard definitely should've had more close calls. It was a perfect opportunity to let the player do some ship-dodging.. it would've been a cool action sequence to control, fleeing the reapers and keeping that "right behind you, Shepard..." tension. ME3 was too obsessed with making the player feel empowered. Those Asari witch things almost made up for it, almost.

In the off-chance you actually read all that, I'm just really passionate about Mass Effect's story. I love love discussing Bioware games.. can't.. stop..

Just wanted to say thank you for putting spoiler warnings on Mass Effect. I've been on a total media blackout for ME3. The only thing I've heard is that it has a really bad ending. I also heard that they were writing another ending that would be patched in. If that's the case, I'm going to play it without updates and see the original ending first. I'm also on media blackouts for Uncharted 3, Darksiders 2, Hitman Absolution, and Journey as well. I'm starting my job tomorrow so I'll finally be able to clear out my backlog of games I still need to buy.

I would change Kitase's role to Janitor for all of the games he's worked on past FF7.

There is a special circle in hell waiting for you, my son. Kitase is the bee's balls and his only flaw was making Final Fantasy VI so good that legions of RPG fans will forever use that title as the standard to which no other Final Fantasy can ever match up to and be acknowledged as a result.

Also, where is the love for Hiroyuki Ito? That man is God's love made flesh and the reason we even have the internet today is because of him.

I also heard that they were writing another ending that would be patched in.

I think the extended cut is just an addition to the ending, not a rewrite. I might be wrong, but I didn't get ME3 until after the new ending came out. My non-spoiler opinion is as follows: the ending was totally fine. I choked back tears. Whatever the extended cut added/changed, it must've worked.

Mass Effect SPOILERS:

The Normandy is agile, state-of-the-art, so it can escape pursuit. Also if you use the scanner just like twice they'll chase you down. Shepard is very mobile, so it makes sense (to me) that they can't really nab him in those massive ships of theirs.

Plus they have a galaxy-wide takedown to worry about. They can't obsess over one guy completely, but they did underestimate Shepard's influence. Remember they tried to destroy the Catalyst every cycle. They thought they succeeded each time, but organics are just a bit too clever for their VI-based intelligence.

Where I agree with you, is that Shepard definitely should've had more close calls. It was a perfect opportunity to let the player do some ship-dodging.. it would've been a cool action sequence to control, fleeing the reapers and keeping that "right behind you, Shepard..." tension. ME3 was too obsessed with making the player feel empowered. Those Asari witch things almost made up for it, almost.

In the off-chance you actually read all that, I'm just really passionate about Mass Effect's story. I love love discussing Bioware games.. can't.. stop..

MASS EFFECT SPOILERS:

I disagree, if anything I feel disempowered in ME3, by that point Shepard was meant to be some legendary hero, the indestructable man, Captain Scarlet. Yet Kai Leng continues to make a fool of you. You barely get any cutscene victories over him in your encounters, I'd change ME3 to give you more credit for your accomplishments in that sense.

Also I'd bloody make it possible just to shoot Kai Leng before he kills a certain character on the Citadel. Dumb Shepard just going to stand there for the entire fight and not intervene or even try and tackle the guy.

Now for a problem with a brand-spanking-new game...

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon. Good game. But WHY would you replace the awesome open-world (open-mansion, rather) style of gameplay with a ridiculous mission system? Why? That one single change takes it from an A+ game to a B+ game for me.

But yet it also only allows for saves when you complete a mission--missions that can sometimes take about half an hour to complete. This is completely bass-ackwards from what a portable system is supposed to be good for. And yes, I know you can put the system in sleep mode to combat this a bit, but it's still a major annoyance. I really don't see any pros of the mission system at all.

It's also very annoying when you accidentally complete a mission, forcing you to return to E. Gadd, when there were other rooms/things you wanted to do before going back. So if you want to go back and do them AND be able to save that progress, you have to complete the mission all over again. Fun times.

Take out the voice acting in FFX

Fix the enemy spawning in Goldeneye 64

Held off on publishing FFIX and made it for the PS2 instead, as it was completely pushed under the rug

And for a more recent game, I would have added much more options to Ni No Kuni. The game itself is wonderful, but some of the sound design is awful, and it holds your hand too much. I would add much more volume settings to disable voices, shut off the hint system that tells you where to go whenever you stop moving (as well as the HUD). And also a way to keep Drippy from telling you how to do every little thing so you can figure it out for your damn self!

But yet it also only allows for saves when you complete a mission--missions that can sometimes take about half an hour to complete. This is completely bass-ackwards from what a portable system is supposed to be good for. And yes, I know you can put the system in sleep mode to combat this a bit, but it's still a major annoyance. I really don't see any pros of the mission system at all.

It's also very annoying when you accidentally complete a mission, forcing you to return to E. Gadd, when there were other rooms/things you wanted to do before going back. So if you want to go back and do them AND be able to save that progress, you have to complete the mission all over again. Fun times.

tYcwQrs.jpg?1?4361

20111002110335%21SA_character_Big.png

hell no i like big the cat, he made no sense to the plot and was a complete wtf to the entire series... and that i think is what was needed for the sonic series, i never had trouble playing big's stages.

big is great cause he's that moment that you stop and think "what?!" and to me those are the best kinda moments.

Super Mario Sunshine without the stupid water thingee.

hell no i like big the cat, he made no sense to the plot and was a complete wtf to the entire series... and that i think is what was needed for the sonic series, i never had trouble playing big's stages.

big is great cause he's that moment that you stop and think "what?!" and to me those are the best kinda moments.

I like Big too, although I believe that they conspired to combine obesity and delinquency, but my God, he had no significance to be in Sonic Adventure. Wtf, fishing a frog out of Chaos' body? Chasing a tail-generating frog who ate a chaos emerald? It would make more sense for Big to have his own fishing game. He was a terrible filler for Sonic Adventure.

Edited by Salluz

Gonna have to go with the ridiculous item / rubber band system in Mario Kart Wii. It's still a pretty good game and had lots of good ideas, but there are times when even a die-hard will get hit five times in a row and knocked from the very first to the end of the pack. I think Nintendo were trying a little too hard to capture the casual audience with that one. Double Dash had a similar system but it was way toned down compared to the follow up and the best players almost always won.

For Street Fighter 4, I would've changed the art style. It looks fine as is, but I would've preferred a more "Japanese" art style, say more anime-looking characters or even hand-drawn sprites over polygons. The anime scenes and the more western art style clashed pretty hard.

There are several things I would've liked to change about Metroid Other M (Samus' "submissive" role I would like to eliminate), but since this is one per game, I would've really liked using a nunchuk instead of having to switch the control at a 90 degree angle every time I feel like using first person mode.

Mega Man in MVC3. Zero is a welcome addition, but it would've been nice to also have MMX or the MVC2 version of Mega Man revised.

Final Fantasy VI - allow a second playthrough where you can keep General Leo alive and change the story. The game is already perfect without it. I just think it would be cool. Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn gave you the option to keep King Pelleas the second time around, and pretty much doubled its replay value. That isn't to say I couldn't play FFVI a million times over.