OCR02632 - Ys III (GEN) "The Freak Winged Boy"

djpretzel

Oh my god yes finally. Ys 3 might have the best music out of every game I've never actually played (I watched Deceased Crab Let's Play it 100 years ago), so happy to see it get some love at last!

This mix took a very fun source and shot it into the stars in the best way possible! Totally love this type of production, especially with the drums. No problems with the guitar tone, nice amount of variety in a relatively short mix too, and those moments you can really hear the bass are just awesome, bonus points! Nothing but good things to say about this! (... well, the ending is a bit abrupt, I sort of imagined it being one long held chord fading into the sunset, but that's a personal thing)

(Alright, now somebody do Ballacetine Castle :razz: )

Ys 3 had some of the best music in the entire series, and the Genesis did the very best job of bringing that sound to consoles (The original PC tracks are my personal favorites). This does that song great justice. Well put together, well performed, well played.

• 2 years later...

Excellent rock track. Actually made me think of Noriyuki Iwadare before I realized he was listed as one of the composers. I think what I would want to say, has already been said a lot from the previous reviewers. So definitely download this track if you like rock, or Ys music. One of the most faithful interpretations of an Ys remix you’ll hear on this site.

• 5 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02632 - Ys III (GEN) "The Freak Winged Boy"