APRIL FOOL'S! OC ReMix Presents Final Fantasy III (meaning VI): Unbalanced and Ruined!

zircon

I said "Good Ol April First" way back and it got deleted.

Wtf man.

It got deleted because that's spoiling the joke.

It never fails; every year a whole load of people think they're so clever that they've figured out the joke before everyone else, and they'd better tell everyone that it's April Fool's Day because God forbid someone actually gets fooled for just a little bit.

You say "WTF man" because we deleted (many) posts pointing out the date and the fact that it was April Fool's Day. To that I say: Why The Fuck are you spoiling the joke? April Fool's Day jokes are the best when they actually fool people, when the joke is believed for as long as possible before the inevitable realization. And it's the realization that makes the day fun for the people being fooled, and once they get it, they get to be in on it.

Telling people the whole thing is a joke just ruins it.

And as a final note, I guarantee that next year I will make this same exact rant to someone else who doesn't understand why we delete A1 comments.

I knew it was the joke right away, but I played along. That's part of the fun of the jokes; even if you know it's obviously just for hilarity's sake, there's no point in spoiling the fun for everyone else.

Then you're just a party pooper. And no one likes a party pooper. :P

That said, I trust the video will stay up in some capacity in the same vein as the VCR tracks from last year?

It got deleted because that's spoiling the joke.

It never fails; every year a whole load of people think they're so clever that they've figured out the joke before everyone else, and they'd better tell everyone that it's April Fool's Day because God forbid someone actually gets fooled for just a ...

Yo Darkesword, im really happy for you and imma let you finish, but the remixinator was the best April 1 OCR joke of ALL TIME.

Yo Darkesword, im really happy for you and imma let you finish, but the remixinator was the best April 1 OCR joke of ALL TIME.

Pretty sure EA ReMix is the best one. Either that or OC ReMix Premium Memberships. Dunno if you were around for that one.

Nothing makes it more obvious that something is a joke than a bunch of "This is a joke!" posts getting mysteriously deleted. How about next year... pretend it's not a joke, get all defensive, have Larry do his definitive "you are wrong" speech to the people. :lol:

April Fool's Day doesn't work like that. Pointing out the joke is the most obvious way of ruining it. And you can't make a joke and then tell everyone it isn't a joke. April Fool's Day is about fooling people, not outright lying to them. You make your joke and you hope that people fall for it, and when they figure things out for themselves, there's a nudge and a wink and they're in on it too. You can't convince anyone of anything when 15 people are all screaming at the top of their lungs that it's the one day of the year where you can't take anything at face value.

Edited by DarkeSword

Nothing makes it more obvious that something is a joke than a bunch of "This is a joke!" posts getting mysteriously deleted. How about next year... pretend it's not a joke, get all defensive, have Larry do his definitive "you are wrong" speech to the people. :lol:

better yet, have next year's joke be larry taking over all functions of the site and renaming it OverClocked McRib

Seriously, some of you are so dense when it comes to April Fool's. :lol: "I mentioned April Fool's. Why did my post get deleted?" Really?

Why are you such a stupidface spoiling the joke? :banghead:

STFU and just play along.

Nothing makes it more obvious that something is a joke than a bunch of "This is a joke!" posts getting mysteriously deleted.

If you're NOT a mod, and you're actually F5-ing to notice posts being deleted, good for you, but shut up. :lol: But for real, 99% of people looking won't know posts were deleted, hence why they post stuff like "Has anyone noticed the date?" Yeah, Stephen Hawking, you were the first to notice.

Edited by Liontamer

If you're NOT a mod, and you're actually F5-ing to notice posts being deleted, good for you, but shut up. :lol: But for real, 99% of people looking won't know posts were deleted, hence why they post stuff like "Has anyone noticed the date?" Yeah, Stephen Hawking, you were the first to notice.

Hah! Good point. I actually slept the whole day. I missed a lot of the entire internet's events, but oh well. AND I WILL SHUT UP YOU SON OF A DAIRY FARMER. ;-)

Besides everyone knows Ctrl+F5 is all the rage.

I gotta admit - you got me.

I mean.. I was fully aware that it was April 1st. And yeah, it was a youtube video of questionable quality including a wrong "you're".

But listening to the MP3's, I honestly could NOT tell if it was serious or not. Music is such a subjective thing, maybe its just not my cup of tea. Maybe its a prank. Juuuust enough work was put into it that maybe it was serious..?

After having just seen VGO at PAX and their FFVI montage, beginning and ending with a beautiful "Celes' Theme" on violin, the disco opera made me frown.

Although I also gotta admit, I was kinda digging the Veldt mashup.

Some additional insight, as I'm guilty of the majority of the product, and I was having a bit too much fun taking a dump on this music (but not too much of one, 'cause you can't be too obvious with A1, although how the hell do you not figure it out after the Coin Song 'rhymes'...)

"The Hell is a Sprach?" - as in "Also sprach Zarathustra"... the opening of which appears in 2001: A Space Odyssey, of course. Uematsu's BIG FAT opening fanfare reminded too much of that.

"Rising Tackle" - Terry Bogard references up the wazoo, including the beat from Fatal Fury 2's "Kurikinton", which was all I could think of after listening to "Phantom Train".

"Supreme Power" - Why not a bunch of "Chop-Sucky" ninja-themed voiceover work over a pumped beat and a jaw harp? Larry and Shariq's highlight.

"Veldt Tells the Truth" - Because "Hips Don't Lie", the obvious intro after I decided to bring back the beat from "Thank You Deejay".

"That 70's Opera" - Concept lifted straight from the famous pairing of the epic and the absurd: Meco's "Star Wars Theme" from 1977. Those are actual vocals we recorded - that is, exactly one note each was recorded, and sampled across the keyboard range. As follows:

Myself - Draco

DragonAvenger - Maria

Ol' Dirty Bastard - Prince Ralse

"Double the Head" - Seemed like it'd be humorous to do it up like an old, extremely warped 78rpm vinyl single. Handed off to Larry and his unique talents.

"Rag on Steroids" - Left the first section mostly alone for the trailer, then decided to DnB the crap out of it along with OHMygod!-style filtering. It ended up being reminiscent of the classic Super Mario "Dirty Mix", but it honestly wasn't the intention.

"Nadie Tema" - Good on crypto_magnum for pointing out the idea behind this one, as I was curious how many folks would figure out the reference: Uematsu's original "Dark World" seemed to have more than a passing resemblance to the opening music for The Young and the Restless, popularly known as "Nadia's Theme".

"Rubber Band Laboratory" - I never get tired of giggling at Mel Blanc's brand of 'beatboxing', and I just wanted to get some use out of those samples just once in my life.

"D.A.F.U.Q." - What what!, basically. I get on the mic and follow N.O.R.E.'s "Super Thug (What What)".