Woods Theme

Muuurgh

I liked the piece, very 'foresty' and light, however I would either turn the velocity or volume of the Hits down some, make them softer, and it would bring out the flute a lot more ^_^ Other than that, this was an amazing composition. :)

Thanks, Blodeuyn! I'll give that a spin.

I really like this song. 0:16 where you hear the main melody(I think?) is really good. I can totally feel this working perfectly for a 'woods' theme. Love that chorus..(comes back at 0:50).

I will say I'm not the biggest fan of the verse, I bet you can make a better melody than that. Especially since the chorus is so good ;)

Really well done!

This is really nice I really like composition and the kind of intimate feel of the instruments (I've been listening to far too many wet booming "Hollywood" mixes or attempts at that rather) what library is this?

Edited by mickomoo

I really like this song. 0:16 where you hear the main melody(I think?) is really good. I can totally feel this working perfectly for a 'woods' theme. Love that chorus..(comes back at 0:50).

I will say I'm not the biggest fan of the verse, I bet you can make a better melody than that. Especially since the chorus is so good ;)

Really well done!

Thanks! And I appreciate your honesty with the verse, haha. That's actually something that I'm working on in general; more often than I'd like, I feel that I have good ideas starting off tunes but then I hit a sort of wall. In that case, I end up forcing a 'meh' verse, which is what I believe happened here.

This is really nice I really like composition and the kind of intimate feel of the instruments (I've been listening to far too many wet booming "Hollywood" mixes or attempts at that rather) what library is this?

Thank you, as well! I'm a fan of drier mixes myself. As a listener, I want to be able to hear each part distinctively, so that's what I go for when composing.

The library is EastWest Quantum Leap Symphonic Gold. The samples sound super wet right out of the box, so I always have to adjust them a bit to get them to blend to my liking.

The library is EastWest Quantum Leap Symphonic Gold. The samples sound super wet right out of the box, so I always have to adjust them a bit to get them to blend to my liking.

This is EWQL? How'd you get them this dry? I thought I'd have to purchase the mic positions to do something like this...

This is EWQL? How'd you get them this dry? I thought I'd have to purchase the mic positions to do something like this...

Yeah, that's what I thought at first, too, and it was making me really frustrated, heh. Playing around with the decay, sustain, and release of the instruments helps, as does turning off their release trails.

Yeah, that's what I thought at first, too, and it was making me really frustrated, heh. Playing around with the decay, sustain, and release of the instruments helps, as does turning off their release trails.

Ah, I'll definitely try that. I'd rather mix them with my own verb than be kind of boxed into the massive hall it's drenched in by default. Good work man.