MRI 1-1 Musical Replacement Initiative - Season One, Round One (Round 1 Complete. Results Inside.)

Draconiator

Flex is a mastermind, but feel free to ask any of us in this thread, too! Compos are about getting better and also about me winning.

Also, Draco, would you consider adjusting the schedule of the compo in some manner? 5 weeks/5 tracks is NASTY when I factor in other musical deadlines I have + school and general life obligations. I'll definitely have to skip a week or more and/or submit some sub-par work unless the schedule is lightened up in some way.

Edited by ectogemia

Flex is a mastermind.

That’s an understatement. I actually used Flex’s advice for this compo., and things turned out….okay-ish. I also found my arrangement workflow, so I can churn something out in 2-3 days (those Twitch vids. helped a lot). I’ll be sure to ask if I need help :)!

...Just caught that extra wording after "getting better". :lol:

Flex is a mastermind, but feel free to ask any of us in this thread, too! Compos are about getting better and also about me winning.

Also, Draco, would you consider adjusting the schedule of the compo in some manner? 5 weeks/5 tracks is NASTY when I factor in other musical deadlines I have + school and general life obligations. I'll definitely have to skip a week or more and/or submit some sub-par work unless the schedule is lightened up in some way.

Already on it. After judging, we get a week break. It will more likely be 2 tracks a month I think.

okay i'm bouncing it right now please please please don't cut me off.

EDIT: OH nvm. For some reason I thought it ended tonight at midnight. Well... I'm submitting it anyway. I don't really want to change anything, and I probably won't have time tomorrow to do much of anything to it.

EDIT EDIT: Ok submitted. I figured out all the chord progressions yesterday and (barely) started it, and did almost everything today (yesterday, now, since it's after midnight here in AZ). I didn't want to do any of the work in the morning because I would have to have to submit it by 9:00 am my time and I don't feel like dragging myself out of bed and then immediately working on music. I don't think my ears would work too well :P

Once voting is open, feedback is very much welcome and appreciated, especially in the production department.

Edited by KingTiger

I'm not sure what you mean that you haven't gotten to the limiter part of production yet. I'm guessing that since you're rendering an .mp3, you're done writing the track at least, so you should be getting to a little mastering at this point where a limiter would be a good thing to add.

Never mind....I just figured out what a limiter was, after using it and going "ohhh, so that's what a limiter is." I used it on my Master Track, and compression. (for the RMWtS compo.).

By twice, I mean, it starts playing, then loops once, on the next loop a fadeout.

Edit: And I am currently hunting for the Round 2 song. :)

Just noticed this, didn't follow this rule. That would've help if I had noticed :/ My song is pretty loopable, I just didn't build it into the final render. I tried to make a more traditional song structure - in this case, intro-chorus-verse-chorus-verse-bridge-chorus-outro, or A B C B C D B E.

Next time, then

I tied??? I didn’t even vote for myself (1st, 2nd, or, 3rd). I voted for everyone else. Great entries everyone, looking forward to the next round!

I didn't vote at all - I wasn't sure if I was allowed to?

In the next round, could you make it clearer how to vote? I was under the impression that everyone voted for one person as well - but it's the 1st choice/2nd choice/3rd choice thing right?