Final Fantasy VIII - OC ReMix Mixes Playlist

Zanquino E.S.

Greetings,

This is a playlist project filled with Final Fantasy VIII mixes, submitted on OC ReMix, with the goal of reliving the story from start to finish thru this amazing mixes.

If this was a remix album and I could give it a name I would call it "Fantasy, The 08th: Lion Heart”.

Let this be a tribute to celebrate 12 years of Final Fantasy VIII mixes and the new ones to come.

- The Playlist

1. Eyes on Me (Not Faye Wong) / remixed by FFmusic Dj, Rydia of Mist
  2. Breezy Beats / remixed by Orkybash
  3. Fishermans Revelation / remixed by Bladiator, Tepid
  4. Final Jungle Fantasy / remixed by Liquid Neon
  5. Rain in Chicago / remixed by Ziwtra
  6. Fantasy Rush / remixed by MarcstaR
  7. Moontang / remixed by Bladiator
  8. Shine Tonight / remixed by Josh Whelchel, Melinda Hershey, Poolside
  9. Seasons / remixed by Ziwtra
  10. Estharian Airs / remixed by Fishy
  11. Perdition Hardcore / remixed by Orkybash
  12. White Magic Is for Sissies / remixed by Knight of the Round
  13. Devotion & Deception / remixed by Derek Oren, Jeremy Robson
  14. Ready to March / remixed by Anti-Syne
  15. Man with Another Trance Machine / remixed by Beatdrop
  16. The Lost Horizon / remixed by destructo
  17. Night City Funk / remixed by Anti-Syne
  18. SeeD Mission / remixed by The Dual Dragons
  19. Liberi Fatali Overhaul / remixed by mp
  20. Realization / remixed by Heath Morris
  21. SeeK / remixed by Lastair, norg, SnappleMan
  22. Desperados / remixed by Standby, WhoAmI?
  23. Eyes on Me (Obsession) / remixed by Children of the Monkey Machine, Dani
  24. Everything = Nothing / remixed by Sefiros
  25. Of Dreams and Time / remixed by Nekofrog
  26. All Existence Denied/ remixed by Skummel Maske, LuIzA (vocals), pu_freak***

*** “All Existence Denied” is track #7 of the “BadAss: Boss Themes” album. To download go to http://badass.ocremix.org/music.php .

Note: All credit goes to the artist that created such amazing mixes. I did some copy / paste on the list so if anyone notices an error, typo and/or missing artist name please let me know; I will fix it immediately.

- How to Create the Playlist

To create the playlist you need to download one by one all the mixes by searching “Final Fantasy VIII” under “games” (link) or search the remix name under “mixes”. If you are a FFVIII fan like me you probably have most or all of the tracks somewhere in your computer . Create a new playlist >> drag and drop >> arrange the tracks >> press Play >> enjoy.

- The Project’s Story

I started this “project” because I had all of these amazing FFVIII mixes that I could only enjoy by using “shuffle”. My hobby being organizing stuff I decided to arrange the mixes in a way that could help me enjoy the tracks more. Like a puzzle the mixes started to fall into place trying to follow the same sequence as the FFVIII OST. In other words reliving the story from start to finish.

- Why share it with the world???

This idea started as a project for my personal enjoyment then I thought maybe others like me have the same situation and maybe even had an idea of doing something like this and maybe even started. Plus I’ve enjoyed a lot of the work shared by others on OC ReMix. This is for everyone so I decided to share it with the world.

- Final Thoughts

I think all that is left to say is give the playlist a chance. At the end even if you don’t like the way I arranged the mixes you will still enjoy such amazing work.

Feedback and comments are welcome!

Edited by Zanquino E.S.

Feedback and comments are welcome!

The Legendary Zoltan's Official Feedback and Comments

I like you very much. Thank you. As one of the few who actually like FFVIII, what you have created for me here is a delightful treat that I appreciate a lot. In exchange for your warm gesture, I will gladly send my children to Zanquino Elementary School when they are of age. Please teach them to organize things in the most efficient manner possible. :)

Edited by The Legendary Zoltan

The Legendary Zoltan's Official Feedback and Comments

I like you very much. Thank you. As one of the few who actually like FFVIII, what you have created for me here is a delightful treat that I appreciate a lot. In exchange for your warm gesture, I will gladly send my children to Zanquino Elementary School when they are of age. Please teach them to organize things in the most efficient manner possible. :)

Thank you very much, appreciated. Your Feedback and Comments makes me think Mission Accomplished! I really hope you enjoy it and maybe even turn it into an album.

If this was a remix album and I could give it a name I would call it “Fantasy, The 08th: Lion Heart”.

“Zanquino Elementary School”, I see what you did there :-D. I like it, definitely not a bad idea.

• 4 months later...