Sonic CD: Stardust Speedway [remixed by flashvanslyer feat. Provaider TH & Fennec TF]

Hello. I'm sorry if these topics have already been, and I create the thousandth time. I'm not familiar with the method of sending works on our server, but I intend to show that me and my friends to create.

The track we recorded, based on their own tastes and opinions. Since the original was poor in terms of melodic component, we decided to use improvisation, every man has made something of themselves. The final remix went so inspiring and strong that it was decided to present it to the world.

Part of inspiration for one of my friends was the original guitar solos from the track Crush 40 - Open Your Heart, which greatly influenced the style of the track as a whole.

I hope you enjoy this work, and everyone in it for themselves will find something.

Thank you all and greetings from Russia.

Link to track the channel Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=yIqbaUSHHkk

Edited by flashvanslyer

I know this source well and honestly I'm not hearing much of it in this mix. Some things stand out that kind of sound like it but it's faint at best. Beyond the really repetitive drums there are some things I really like about this but since the connection to stardust speedway is so thin I think it might be better received on it's own.

I'm also working on a Sonic CD remix and I did try some improvised melodies in earlier versions but that's where I really lost the source pretty much completely.

Props for the attempt!

Well, I can't say anything about production value since I don't know anything about that kinda stuff.

But it's not that exciting for a dance track. First thing is, the overall harmony and accompaniment is rather basic and repetitive. More extended harmonies, variation and some counter-melody would add a lot I think. Also, the guitar's phrasing and overall melodic motion could use a lot of work.

So those are some ideas.

I know this source well and honestly I'm not hearing much of it in this mix. Some things stand out that kind of sound like it but it's faint at best. Beyond the really repetitive drums there are some things I really like about this but since the connection to stardust speedway is so thin I think it might be better received on it's own.

I'm also working on a Sonic CD remix and I did try some improvised melodies in earlier versions but that's where I really lost the source pretty much completely.

Props for the attempt!

I definitely hear the connection--perhaps you're thinking of the JP version? This one is definitely a remix of this one: http://youtu.be/MZppmoy-uYk

You have a lot of good sounds going on in here. I like the dance/rock hybrid sound in this mix, and I think the production is decent. A little sidechaining could make the drums sound punchier, which is probably what you'll want for the heavier parts of this piece, since it's a dance track and all. But, I'd keep the mellow areas as-is, very reverb- and delay-heavy.

That said, this mix is pretty conservative. I love the improv you've put into this, but I think you could stand to add a little more. I say this mostly because the original piece is already a kind of dance/rock piece, and most of your track is note-for-note the same piece.

All in all, great effort! Keep it up! :)

My mistake.

Stardust Present was what I was listening for which is my favorite track on Sonic CD. The guitar and bass is definitely Bad Future at the start but outside of that I didn't recognize any of the other stardust tracks. At first I was hoping that elements from each Stardust source were used but beyond the Bad Future groove which runs through most of the mix I wasn't hearing anything. Of course i'm no judge but when it's just a background to improvise over what's the take on the usage? Not much re interpretation of the source and quite a bit of original material taking the spotlight. I'd be interested in hearing what the judges would say about it. Far from easy sources to remix by the way.

The tone of the mix nailed the mood of the original track I think. The guitar gets a little piercing though and it's a little too repetitive but i'd very interested in any future updates should they be coming. Sonic CD needs alot more attention on OCR. :razz:

Edited by Garpocalypse