OCR02639 - Donkey Kong Country 3 (GBA) "Cranky's Mojo"

djpretzel

The piano is fine as it is. I like the subtle flanger on it. It kinda brings it underwater a little bit. The world flute is pretty nice. I wish the snare was a little bit louder, but it's good otherwise.

Smart arrangement, and the japanese atmosphere works pretty well.

2:53 upright bass was pretty cool. Trumpet solo was fitting. Good lengthed remix. :D

I liked the slow opening to this ReMix. Especially when the flute kicked in, you really set up the Asian feeling well. And then the mix goes into high gear with the famous stereotypical Asian guy shout, and the beat just pops. I love the breakdown, where the Asian sound seems to be strongest. I wasn’t expecting the jazzy section, but it was a welcomed addition. Great work Peach!

I like that flute that comes in at the opening. Need to get me some samples like that!

Then those drums come in and things really kick into gear. The synths are a nice touch, too. Man, I really am digging these Japanese instrument samples, though. You sequenced these very well and made them sound very well performed.

Great sequencing in general here. You've got your own style here, too, which makes things interesting. The jazz section was very welcome, and melded pretty well, and the song ended out great too.

Good debut. Can't wait to hear more!

• 2 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02639 - Donkey Kong Country 3 (GBA) "Cranky's Mojo"