Jillian Aversa: "Atlantis Awakening", now available! ft. Malukah, Tina Guo, Jeff Ball, DrumUltimA...

zircon

Cheers, glad you're enjoying the music :D The inspiration for "Daughter of the Rain" wasn't specifically Chrono Trigger but we both LOVE that soundtrack, so it could very well have worked its way through our subconscious. On the other hand, "Siren" was inspired by another Square Enix game... props to whoever figures it out!

I'm going to go ahead and throw in Xenogears, because it sort of reminds me of it.

You know, another one that's getting into my head right now is "Generations". Starting to really like this track. And for some weird reason, it's giving off an Ocarina of Time vibe to me. If you listen to the Forest Temple music from OoT, the track also shares some similarities with the way the basic melody of Generations is structured. Loving how I'm noticing this stuff and it's making me like the tracks even more. Is there any basis to the nods I'm hearing or am I just crazy? Either way, guitars and vocals are really cool for this track, too.

Edited by SwordBreaker

I'm going to go ahead and throw in Xenogears, because it sort of reminds me of it.

You know, another one that's getting into my head right now is "Generations". Starting to really like this track. And for some weird reason, it's giving off an Ocarina of Time vibe to me. If you listen to the Forest Temple music from OoT, the track also shares some similarities with the way the basic melody of Generations is structured. Loving how I'm noticing this stuff and it's making me like the tracks even more. Is there any basis to the nods I'm hearing or am I just crazy? Either way, guitars and vocals are really cool for this track, too.

Well, Kindred is an arrangement from Super Metroid, and the Forest Temple cues were pretty clear in Generations, so it very well could be.

This album's gorgeous! Beautiful singing, Jillian. It's fun to hear you improve. :)

Swordbreaker: you're not crazy--it's totally zelda :)

I'm so happy to have gotten to be a part of this! So much fun, such good music :D

Probably 'cause of the parallel fifths and the guitar from Joe with the mideast intervals/scales/pitch bends.

Edited by timaeus222

You're right on! :grin: Submitted the remix to OCR... hopefully it'll be posted!

bookletscreenshot.jpg

Thank you all for your feedback! I am so, so, so happy & relieved to finally have this CD out. It was a true labor of love.

DarkeSword: Yes, it will be on OverClocked Records!

Downloaded my digital copy last night and gave it a listen. Excellent album, very well-written lyrics with an immersive soundscape. I've only listened to it the one time so far so I haven't really settled on any favorites, though the Zelda track did linger a bit in my mind after I was finished listening. It was definitely worth the wait.

Swordbreaker: you're not crazy--it's totally zelda :)

I'm so happy to have gotten to be a part of this! So much fun, such good music :D

You're right on! :grin: Submitted the remix to OCR... hopefully it'll be posted!

bookletscreenshot.jpg

Thank you all for your feedback! I am so, so, so happy & relieved to finally have this CD out. It was a true labor of love.

Sweet! That's an excellent source to pick. Very underrated. If Ocarina of Time 3D wasn't fresh off my mind, I wouldn't have recognized it. Excellent job to everyone involved in that one, including DrumUltima with the percussion.

Cheers, glad you're enjoying the music :D The inspiration for "Daughter of the Rain" wasn't specifically Chrono Trigger but we both LOVE that soundtrack, so it could very well have worked its way through our subconscious. On the other hand, "Siren" was inspired by another Square Enix game... props to whoever figures it out!

One of the timbres sounds very much like material from Seiken Densetsu 3, which is what gets my vote for the inspiration.

Almost - tracks 6 and 8 have different composers.

Generations: Koji Kondo (music)

Kindred: Kenji Yamamoto (music)

Thanks for doing that though!

Yeah, I noticed that the other day and have taken care of it. ;)

Ohh ok, yeah, that is a mistake. Malukah was not on Generations :<

Ok, I'll move Malukah's vocal credit to track 4 "You and I" then.