Bravely Default to be Bravely Localized [3DS]

ocre

Brandon, do you ever research anything?

How on earth could you possibly say the 3DS is the same as the DS by any stretch of imagination?

Even if you ignored all the spec sheets, have you even played or seen anything related to EITHER? Screenshots, trailers, the units themselves? Clearly the 3DS is on a whole other level graphically

Research? Why should he be bothered to state facts when he can go by what he has 'heard'? It doesn't matter anyway, guys, handheld games are always inferior to console games. :eyeroll:

Guys, calm down.

3DS and DS look exactly the same and are different by 1 character.

Just like the Wii and Wii U.

There was never any need to talk about specs.

Odd. I don't remember the DS having a wider top screen and a 3D slider, or a home button. Or having a circle pad either. Or two cameras.

I also don't remember the Wii having a controller with a screen inside of it, or... well, almost anything about the Wii U.

You and I must have different definitions for "exactly the same"

unless you're talking about the names themselves

and then you're just being incredibly nitpicky to prove a point in a discussion you had already lost

3DS and DS look exactly the same and are different by 1 character.

Just like the Wii and Wii U.

Do you even know what point you're trying to make?

In the post we were addressing you were clearly talking about the system capabilities and features ("one has a 3D screen"). You're now talking about the NAMES being 1 character apart.

Edited by ocre

Do you even know what point you're trying to make?

In the post we were addressing you we're clearly talking about the system capabilities and features ("one has a 3D screen"). You're now talking about the NAMES being 1 character apart.

The point I was trying to make was that these 2 games should be remastered for the Wii U, but it was upended by ignorant bickering.

I don't have a problem with his weird desire to have Wii U ports of a DS and 3DS game (as super unlikely as that is), but I do have a problem with supplementing that opinion with inaccurate sales info, making up history ('DS XL'), wrongfully stating that the Nintendo 3DS is nothing more than a 'Nintendo DS with 3D screen' then trying to backpedal and say he was commenting on the product names being too similar, using any little excuse to bring up faults with Wii U(I count two times & this isn't even a Wii U game thread) and then coupling that with the ignorant stance that these are just 'inferior handheld games' that don't matter anyway, THEN saying his points were 'upended by ignorant bickering' when the only ignorance was coming from the aforementioned supplementary statements he made.

It's all pretty dumb.

But yeah, super excited for this game. 2014 can't come soon enough.

Edited by ocre

I don't have a problem with his weird desire to have Wii U ports of a DS and 3DS game (as super unlikely as that is), but I do have a problem with supplementing that opinion with inaccurate sales info, making up history ('DS XL'), wrongfully stating that the Nintendo 3DS is nothing more than a 'Nintendo DS with 3D screen' then trying to backpedal and say he was commenting on the product names being too similar, using any little excuse to bring up faults with Wii U(I count two times & this isn't even a Wii U game thread) and then coupling that with the ignorant stance that these are just 'inferior handheld games' that don't matter anyway, THEN saying his points were 'upended by ignorant bickering' when the only ignorance was coming from the aforementioned supplementary statements he made.

It's all pretty dumb.

But yeah, super excited for this game. 2014 can't come soon enough.

this needs a meltdown reaction, Ace Attorney style. XD

btw this game also has a really awesome victory theme

JAUNTY

Brandon, even if you think they SHOULD be "remastered" (which will probably be just a port in higher resolution): You realize the game hasn't even come out on the 3DS yet here in the US, and the 3DS still has a far larger user base than the Wii U?

Some PSP games got ported over to PS2/3 because PSP's install base was never as high as the astronomical numbers PS2/3 had. But even then it was several years later. If it happens (which is very doubtful), it will happen much later. For example we are just now getting ports of Final Fantasy III on PSP/iOS/Android and that game was released in 2006 on the DS. For now just enjoy the game on the platform it is currently on =P

Edited by Crowbar Man

Brandon, even if you think they SHOULD be "remastered" (which will probably be just a port in higher resolution): You realize the game hasn't even come out on the 3DS yet here in the US, and the 3DS still has a far larger user base than the Wii U?

Some PSP games got ported over to PS2/3 because PSP's install base was never high but even then it was several years later. If it happens, it will happen later. For now just enjoy the game on the platform it is currently on =P

this is brandon we're talking about

the same guy who holds out hope for an FF7 remake even though they've officially said it ain't happening.

he's like a shark sent into a frenzy when there's blood in the water, except there's no blood. just him in a frenzy over literally nothing

Some PSP games got ported over to PS2/3 because PSP's install base was never as high as the astronomical numbers PS2/3 had. But even then it was several years later. If it happens (which is very doubtful), it will happen much later. For example we are just now getting ports of Final Fantasy III on PSP/iOS/Android and that game was released in 2006 on the DS. For now just enjoy the game on the platform it is currently on =P

I can't enjoy it on the platform it is on. Because for some really strange reason, I own a Wii U. And I have no plans to purchase a DS or a 3DS.

If they don't remaster it for the Wii U because the Wii U didn't sell enough, I guess that's fine. It might not help the install base of the Wii U, but maybe having these titles (on 1 disc) would help move some Wii U's. You never know. All I know is, there are a lot of people who want this kind of game on the Wii U right now.

If these 2 games sold enough on DS I'm sure Nintendo would find some way to at least get them on the Wii U virtual console.

I can't enjoy it on the platform it is on. Because for some really strange reason, I own a Wii U. And I have no plans to purchase a DS or a 3DS.

Well, DS is unrelated, this is a 3DS game.

If you have no plans on purchasing a 3DS, why are you even in this thread? Its a 3DS game, it was always announced as one. This is a you problem, and not a problem you should expect others to fix. There has never been a time when all games came to a single unit. There are always exclusives to certain platforms. Welcome to videogames?

If these 2 games sold enough on DS I'm sure Nintendo would find some way to at least get them on the Wii U virtual console.

Not sure what other game you were refering to by saying 2, but Bravely Default is again, a 3DS game. Its not going to sell any copies on the DS.

Also, I doubt Nintendo has any control on whether Square Enix makes a game on one of their platforms. SE/Silicon Studio is the Developer, and publisher in Japan. Nintendo is just publishing it in the US/EU.

Edited by Crowbar Man

Uhhh ok? This is not the 3DS thread. I am interested in the game, and even if I had not been, I was on topic -- even a minimod should recognize I did nothing wrong here. :-)

I stated an opinion about the game:

They should release both games for Wii U. HD port.

This lead to a lot of butthurt for irrational reasons. If you disagree that this game should be on other systems, or remastered, that's fine. Take a chill pill and don't join an angry mob every time someone states an opinion that differs from your own. :-)

To repeat for anyone who has not actually read the thread, we were talking about 4 Heroes of Light (DS) and Bravely Default (3DS).

So the next Halo thread do you think its reasonable to walk in and say "I wish all the Halo games would be remastered for PS4 as I have no interest in ever purchasing the platform it was on"?

Come on Brandon =P You don't need to post about the Wii U and your wanting games for it on every thread.

It is a 3DS game. Again, always been announced that way. If you had any real interest in the game to begin with you would of known that.

EDIT: Also why are you even talking about 4 Heroes of Light? This is a Bravely Default thread. 4HOL is a couple years old now, if your just now finding out about it it must not of been important to you to begin with. But guess what happens if you bought that there 3DS that this new game is on? Hey you could play that too thanks to it's Backwards Compatibility =P If either of these games are important to you you'd buy a 3DS instead of just complaining about/wishing it to come to your platform of choice

There really isn't much of an "opinion" you've been stating here.

Back to the game:

I'm looking forward to it as unlike most of the stuff Square makes these days, this seems pretty unique. Just hope it isn't just another pretty looking game and has some umph to the gameplay.

Edited by Crowbar Man

I stated an opinion about the game:

They should release both games for Wii U. HD port.

This lead to a lot of butthurt for irrational reasons. If you disagree that this game should be on other systems, or remastered, that's fine. Take a chill pill and don't join an angry mob every time someone states an opinion that differs from your own.

To repeat for anyone who has not actually read the thread, we were talking about 4 Heroes of Light (DS) and Bravely Default (3DS).

My issues (and I only claim what I post or quote in my posts to represent them, it's not my intention to 'join a mob') with your posts in this thread had more to do with the additional supplementary statements you included with them, as I stated in my last post. Again, you're conveniently changing the problem from "Brandon said all this inaccurate and ignorant stuff" to "Everyone's getting upset because I'm port begging."

Also this thread is only about Bravely Default, not Four Heroes of Light. Four Heroes of Light was very briefly mentioned because Bravely Default is a spiritual successor to 4HoL.

Edited by ocre

So the next Halo thread do you think its reasonable to walk in and say "I wish all the Halo games would be remastered for PS4 as I have no interest in ever purchasing the platform it was on"?

wate

That's not the same is it? This is Nintendo we're talking about, releasing a Nintendo game on a Nintendo system. Not Nintendo trying to put a Dreamcast game on a loaf of bread.

It is a 3DS game. Again, always been announced that way. If you had any real interest in the game to begin with you would of known that.

I'm not a Nintendo employee, so no, I don't know that. I don't think you do either. There are rumors that Xenoblade Chronicles will be put on Virtual Console. There's really no reason to speculate that these 2 games -couldn't- potentially make their way on there. I'm an optimist. :-)

Also why are you even talking about 4 Heroes of Light?
Four Heroes of Light was very briefly mentioned because Bravely Default is a spiritual successor to 4HoL.

But anyway I'm done here, ain't got time to argue in circles about something that should have never been an argument.

But it isn't a Nintendo game? Nintendo didn't make this game. Did you not read my post before? Square Enix and Silicon Studio are the developers of this game. Square Enix even self published it in Japan. Nintendo just picked up the publishing rights for NA/EU. Nintendo has nothing to do with the development of this game.

Ditto with 4HOL, Nintendo didn't even publish that in NA, Square Enix did themselves.

You don't need to be a "Nintendo employee" to know what platform a game was announced on either. Its called reading an article about it? Watching a trailer? Seeing it at any gaming expo (in person or many website's coverage)? Wiki? Google? Anything man, internet is a vast source of information.

Seriously that post made no sense Brandon.

Edited by Crowbar Man

Except for the fact that Bungie is strictly a developer and at the time was exclusive to Microsoft, especially for Halo. In addition, since it was Microsoft, of course they could port it to Windows. That was also Microsoft.

Whereas Square-Enix is a developer AND a publisher. Because of this, your argument is still pointless. Now perhaps we can stop dragging this out and actually talk about the game this thread is about instead of dooming it to an endless argument?

in other words, stop trolling this thread, brandon. and we need to stop responding to it because there's really no point in doing so

And Bungie developed Halo and Microsoft ported it to PC. Next.

Bungie was at one point purchased and owned by MS, who also helped fund the development of Halo. MS also owns all the IP rights to Halo, NOT Bungie.

Are you suggesting Nintendo bought Square Enix and/or the IP rights to Bravely Default? Because here is a hint: Nope. It is a simple publishing agreement to release the game outside of Japan. Next?

Better yet, maybe not Brandon. Just stop.

Edited by Crowbar Man

Nintendo did the very same thing with Dragon Quest IX, so it's not really unheard of.

Anyways, I once did some art on Swapnote for this... lessee...

tumblr_mnr31znRwQ1r8wwfno3_1280.jpgtumblr_mnr31znRwQ1r8wwfno1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mnr31znRwQ1r8wwfno2_1280.jpgtumblr_mnr31znRwQ1r8wwfno4_1280.jpg

there it is. GET HYPE

on a related note, i wonder if we'll be receiving some translated BDFF Swapnote stationery. i have some from the JP release, but I'd like to see it acknowledged like that.