TotalBiscuit's Content Patch: Now featuring OC ReMixes

Melbu Frahma

I've taken to watching TotalBiscuit's video game news series, the Content Patch, on an irregular basis. For those unfamiliar with it, he takes 1-5 topics of note in the video game world every other day or so, and does a short, 15-25 minute video discussing what happened and their impact on game culture and game business.

Anyway,

, apparently, he's started featuring OCRemixes on there, too. Kind of cool, you ask me.

I've shown my support in seeing some of his past WTF Is... vids and occasionally bringing them up in the IRC upon regular discussion. Think his moves have been pretty cool with that, and it's a sweet thing he's gone as far as OC Remix exposure and all.

But really, one of these days he aught to thank me for realising that an OC Remixer spread the word of his vids months before he spread the word of the site. Bring it on. x)

But really, one of these days he aught to thank me for realising that an OC Remixer spread the word of his vids months before he spread the word of the site. Bring it on. x)

Heh, he's been occasionally mentioning and playing tracks from OCRemix since he used to do a WoW podcast in the days before Burning Crusade was released ;)

Heh, he's been occasionally mentioning and playing tracks from OCRemix since he used to do a WoW podcast in the days before Burning Crusade was released ;)

The more I know O.o

I thought it's quick to assume that they only feel connected with OCR when they're more open about it. Perhaps this web is smaller than we think. :P

On a vaguely related note, another OCReMix is being used as the theme of a new feature on The Escapist. Jim & Yahtzee's Rhymedown Spectacular uses Gux's DuckTales mix "The Amazon Session."

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/jim-yahtzees-rhymedown-spectacular/7140-A-Tale-of-Two-Poets?utm_source=videos&utm_medium=index_carousel&utm_campaign=all#

Thought ya'll might like to know.

More exposure for OCR is always a good thing. But at the risk of sounding like a scumbag I have to ask - is he monetizing the videos he plays OCR music in? If so is that okay? And just to put it out there I like TB and think he's a cool guy that doesn't afraid of anything. Just wondering if my understanding of the TOS of using OCR music for YT stuff is inaccurate.