Enemies that made you laugh

Esperado

People seem to forget other types of laughter in video games, one being the laugh you get when something scares the shit out of you, and the laugh you sometimes give when you die in a game (whether out of sheer frustration or ridiculousness).

Regarding the former, the ReDeads from Ocarina of Time scare the shit out of me. I know you can avoid a lot of them but still, I can't help but giggle out of fear when one grabs me or screams.

redead.JPG

As a child, ReDeads scared me to no end. As an adult, I sort of derive some twisted joy from watching them assault Link. I guess I've grown up and can laugh at them now.

People seem to forget other types of laughter in video games, one being the laugh you get when something scares the shit out of you, and the laugh you sometimes give when you die in a game (whether out of sheer frustration or ridiculousness).

Regarding the former, the ReDeads from Ocarina of Time scare the shit out of me. I know you can avoid a lot of them but still, I can't help but giggle out of fear when one grabs me or screams.

redead.JPG

I enemy AI, spawn boundaries, and pop-up in Rainbow 6: Vegas 2 were hilarious. I spent hours laughing at them as they lined up, one by one, to go down a ladder so that their corpses all piled up on one another. Less hilarious, but still funny was eliminating all enemies in one area, only to realize that no one else would spawn until I walked past certain lines, where they'd pop into existence right in front of me.

I enemy AI, spawn boundaries, and pop-up in Rainbow 6: Vegas 2 were hilarious. I spent hours laughing at them as they lined up, one by one, to go down a ladder so that their corpses all piled up on one another. Less hilarious, but still funny was eliminating all enemies in one area, only to realize that no one else would spawn until I walked past certain lines, where they'd pop into existence right in front of me.

This was just plain frustrating as it really limited the potential of the game itself, although it made for some good comedy. The conversations the guards would have when they weren't alerted was also pretty amusing.

Yan-ffix.png

Imagine seeing this little guy for the first time. Now imagine this cute little angry-faced sheep thing summon comets, spew viruses, and kick out party members from the battle. So adorably terrifying, I guarantee you'll be laughing your head off from your party getting devastated from a Yan.

Than there's this guy.

FF8_Jumbo_Cactuar.png

EDIT: Any idea how to make pictures smaller? these guys are HUGE!

Yan-ffix.png

Imagine seeing this little guy for the first time. Now imagine this cute little angry-faced sheep thing summon comets, spew viruses, and kick out party members from the battle. So adorably terrifying, I guarantee you'll be laughing your head off from your party getting devastated from a Yan.

I forget. Are they all like this or is it just the "good" one (that wants an ore or something)?

ma'am, actually.

My apologies, ma'am. :oops:

but yeah, a lot of the later X-series bosses were strange.

like 8-bit cutman in X8. which is just hilarious as all hell

Capcom really has to give us a sweet Megaman series on one of the next-gen consoles. The handheld and WiiWare/Arcade stuff has been great, but come on! The X series was sweet for us SNES players (without even getting into X4.)