OCR Community Game Streaming Channels (LU 06/21/13)

Level 99

I've seen a lot of disparate threads about game streaming, so it would be nice to consolidate all that stuff in one place. A one stop shop for all people streaming who are residents of OCR.

Here is a list of streamers compiled from the thread:

Streaming Gameplay:

Ben Briggs

http://www.twitch.tv/benjamin_brigg

Currently Playing: ???

Style: Normally comedic

Games: Mostly older games

Schedule: ???

Vilecat

http://www.twitch.tv/vilecat

Currently Playing: Panzer Dragoon Saga

Style: Partially comedic, more about the actual gameplay experience. Very reactive to chat

Games: Bad games, overlooked gems, old games

Schedule: Saturday through Wednesday, 9PM-11PM EST usually.

Further info: https://www.facebook.com/VilecatsHouseofGamingnStuff

Nighthorse Media (Level 99, Brushfire, Viraldemon)

http://www.twitch.tv/nighthorsemedia

Style: comedic.

Games: Co-op Games (No Skill Gaming), Game Challenges (All Bets are Off), fan fiction reading, and other features

Schedule: ??? (Most likely will be Friday nights)

Jehm Faulking

http://twitch.tv/jehm_faulking

Currently Playing: Threads of Fate, Dark Souls, and completing Blaster Master

Style: Anywhere from 8:00 PM EST or midnight until as early as 4:00 AM EST, likely to change soon.

Games: Mostly older games, also some current games with friends. Also tries to bring attention to lesser known or overlooked games.

Reviews/Tutorials:

The Legendary Zoltan

Other:

Brandon Strader

http://www.twitch.tv/bstrader

Style: Games or Music. Undecided right now

Games: ???

Edited by Level 99

No stream, just a comment: could folks also provide a brief description of their streams? Info like what genres are played, when and how often streams usually occur, and any specific format/niche (commentary/comedy, high score, speedrun, glitches/tricks, etc) would be convenient to have.

I mean, I'm interested in this, and I think this is a very neat thread idea, but having a little more to go on would greatly help in figuring out what I might want to check out and tune in for.

No stream, just a comment: could folks also provide a brief description of their streams? Info like what genres are played, when and how often streams usually occur, and any specific format/niche (commentary/comedy, high score, speedrun, glitches/tricks, etc) would be convenient to have.

I mean, I'm interested in this, and I think this is a very neat thread idea, but having a little more to go on would greatly help in figuring out what I might want to check out and tune in for.

I'll add what i can, but if people can give their stream a description, that would definitely help.

I've recently started streaming games on twitch, both on my own and as a guest on Ben Briggs' stream. I do mostly older games, kind of in the same style as Ben, but I also do more current games like Dark Souls and Left 4 Dead 2 with friends. I also try to bring attention to lesser known or overlooked games, like Alundra or Threads of Fate. The only issue I have right now is that I usually stream later in the evening (starting anywhere from 8:00 PM EST or midnight, and going until as early as 4:00 AM EST), but that is going to hopefully change soon. If you want to join the shenanigans, the page is twitch.tv/jehm_faulking. Right now I'm focused on streaming Threads of Fate, Dark Souls, and completing Blaster Master for the first time.

Also, Ben Briggs and I are trying to start a team on twitch called Insert Coin Theatre, kind of in the same way that Speed Runs Live is a team, only we will be doing more comedic gaming as opposed to speed running.

Edited by Jehm Faulking
additional information

Aight I gotta post this while it's still on page 1....

I have a STREAM. Recently I've just been setting it up and streaming some tests. Please follow me, it's all downhill from here.

http://www.twitch.tv/bstrader

It won't just be games, it'll probably mostly be recording music, but I don't quite have that hammered out yet, so it might just be games.

• 1 month later...
Are you interested in channels for game reviews or only gameplay? I have some reviews and educational stuff.

Mostly looking for just gameplay. I guess I could divide it into sections in the OP. whats your info?

----

After completely ignoring this thread for a while I will finally update it! Seriously though, folks. It's a pain in the ass trying to go OUT there to find people's channels and schedules and whatnot. Don't be afraid to post here often with lots of updates or when you start streaming or whatever.

Edit: And now the OP is much more organized. I WANT TO SEE MORE STREAMING PEOPLE. Give me info. GIMMIE.

Edit edit: Tonight, Val is going to beat the final boss of Panzer Dragoon Saga on Sega Saturn, followed by starting up the Star Ocean series with the remade original entry on the PSP.

Starts at 9, her info is in the OP!

(Also, seriously people, I don't mind bumping this thread when y'all do shit)

I'm probably gonna get started soon enough; Jehm was kind enough to bestow upon me a capture card, which I plan to use to stream mostly Super Metroid speed runs so I can make it on to/improve my standings on Deer Tier. I recently ran a 56:20 in real time, and had a Ceres escape at 44'54 (had these been recorded and submitted, would've been 36th in the world for the run and 13th for the escape)

Btw, this is all part of a plan for a future musical endeavor ;)

• 4 weeks later...
I'll be streaming some music production this weeked which is more fun than most games!

http://www.twitch.tv/oceansandrew

for each person that comes and mentions this post in stream chat, I will insult Stevo's beard in a new and hilarious way!

I hope you have a lot of crafting supplies and celebrity guests on tap for this. I'm going to make a thousand fake accounts to make you exhaust your supply of insults.

Then I will cobble together a video from all that material and use it for an OCU arrangement of Snax and Jackson

• 1 year later...

I just remembered this thread exists, and I caught the streaming bug a couple months ago. I love speedruns, and I'm trying to get competent in a few games. I've done some longplays of a few RPGs (Chrono Trigger, Dragon Warrior 1-4), plus I have a decent-sized collection of games I've never played/finished. Chances are, if you pop in and make a request, I'll do it. My current primary focuses are speedruns of The Legend of Zelda and Dragon Warrior. A new DW record was just set about a week ago, and there'e plenty of room to improve it. It's always fun to be in the thick of things when others are actively attempting WR runs, so the next couple weeks might feature a bit more of that than usual. Anyway, the best part about streaming is interacting with viewers, so feel free to drop in, say hi, ask questions, make a request, whatever.

www.twitch.tv/xarnax42

I'm probably gonna get started soon enough; Jehm was kind enough to bestow upon me a capture card, which I plan to use to stream mostly Super Metroid speed runs so I can make it on to/improve my standings on Deer Tier. I recently ran a 56:20 in real time, and had a Ceres escape at 44'54 (had these been recorded and submitted, would've been 36th in the world for the run and 13th for the escape)

Btw, this is all part of a plan for a future musical endeavor ;)

Define "soon".