Staff notation programs?

Gilrad

So I have been working on a number of piano pieces (both remixes and originals), and I want to put them into a readable, presentable portfolio of sorts. While cakewalk works for changing midi into staff, it's options are very limited, and it has a few quirks here and there (randomly putting in 16th rests while the cleff is still playing, the inability to half or double all the note lengths, lack of symbols to notate with, and more specifically, notes aren't barred together when in 5/16th time signiture) which hamper my progress.

Any suggestions?

Noteworthy Composer.

Seconded. But I'd also like to recommend Melody Assistant. It also comes with its own sound library, which is better-sounding than General MIDI (but still not anything that should be used in a ReMix), along with a bunch of other features like a voice synthesizer (trial version, though) and support for a wide variety of music symbols.

Hah, I remember using that program when it was new. Too bad I can't find it anywhere.
yeah, it's about 10 years old. I don't know if it's abandonware, but if it is, and you don't mind to use the italian version, I can send it to you.

just make sure to check that it's abandonware. I don't know where to check.

• 4 years later...